Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fringe S04E14 "The End Of All Things " [** Spoilers **]

• 25-02-2012 6:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭

What an episode!!!!!

Cant believe we have to wait a month to see the next one.......

The more i watch the more i have no idea how feck this show is getting such bad ratings in America!!!!

So where do i start haha

Whats up with Nina ??!! Which one is which??

Is that the end of September ? Is Peter in ''his'' timeline or does he have to get back home?? So many questions!!!! Cant wait!!!!!!

*And yes i like my exclamation points :pac:*

Also for anyone interested heres the preview for when Fringe returns forwards and backwards :)

What did you think so?? 22 votes

WOW
    0% 0 votes
    Very good
    59% 13 votes
    Alright
    31% 7 votes
    Meh
    9% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

it was a great episode right up till peter said he had to go home, september said it to his face that his timeline is gone/changed, his child doesnt exist cause he didnt exist, and that he somehow managed to work his way back into the timeline, it actually seemed that even september was a little confused as to how peter done it,

i do wonder how significant peter and olivias baby is gonna be, it must be something major to say that september had taken such a keen interest in it, but its like he had completed some puzzle that the rest of the obeserver have yet to figure out,

as its now confirmed that the observers are humans from the future it remined me of a film i saw a few year ago called thrillseekers, it was about people who could pay to go back in time and witness significant events in time
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrill_Seekers_%28film%29

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Did anyone else see the Observer this week? I think I spotted him for once :D

Great to finally know who they are, although now we need to know what was coming that took September away. I don't think it was other Observer scientists. Something brought about by the altered future?

I'm assuming the Nina they arrested is the actual Nina and the Nina in the basement is a shape changer or AltNina. Enjoyed that bit.

My only concern is that this whole season could be a "Bobby wakes up in the shower" moment if it all becomes undone when Peter seeks his original timeline. I'm hopeful they won't be that cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭somuj

Wahoo I Was right. I need they had to human and from the future as they had human dna and binoculars used english on the display

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

1282786204310.jpg?1318992465
    That was my face watching Fringe this morning.

Now we just have to wait a month for more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

The look on Walter's face after Peter said he had to go home was priceless, it just exuded "WTF is going on?!".

• Advertisement

1282786204310.jpg?1318992465
    That was my face watching Fringe this morning.

Now we just have to wait a month for more :(

8 more, in a row :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,565 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

don ramo wrote: »

a veritable Fringe binge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm with don ramo on the frustration with Peter failing to understand what he was clearly told about his existence in the universe. The only excuse I can make for Peter is that he got stupidly mixed up by September telling him to 'go home.' Although that's a stunning mistake for someone with an IQ north of 190 to make, especially when he has already worked out that September was actually being literal about his house.

One thing about what September said confused me a bit. As Peter is from the other universe and should have existed there except for September's mistake in ruining Walternate's experiment, why should Peter's baby be born with 'our' Olivia? Why would they ever have met if not for September's mistake?

Also what about the young boy who it was implied was an Observer back in series 1? Did he just fall in a time machine from the future?

iguana wrote: »
    One thing about what September said confused me a bit. As Peter is from the other universe and should have existed there except for September's mistake in ruining Walternate's experiment, why should Peter's baby be born with 'our' Olivia? Why would they ever have met if not for September's mistake?
    id assume its something to do with the fact that william bell and walter perfromed the experiments on our olivia, wheras in altivias universe william bell died as a young man and therefore never met walternate, who also refused to experiment on children,

september interfered on purpose id say when walternate discovered the cure, knowing our walter would never discover it in time, thus he would witness the event and go get peter to cure him, bringing him over here and having him shape the future the way its supposed to be, thus the 2 universes having to share some parts of each other so both can continue to exist,

maybe its something about our olivia abilities being transfered onto her and peters baby that leads to some significant event in the future the observers come from, DRJ is also very adamnat that olivias abilities are much greater than even we knew, as shown in this episode,

BTW i loved when olivia went all jean grey and started killing people with with her powers, been waiting for that since walternate caught her 2 season agos, was expecting this to happen for some time, so im currently delighted:):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,565 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I thought the other Olivia was called Faux-livia

• Advertisement

Skerries wrote: »
    I thought the other Olivia was called Faux-livia
    no her name is also olivia;):D

but shes called that altivia and bolivia, i prefer altivia myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

I wonder what took September away. They made a big deal of the thing falling over. So were they invisible guys from the future or what? They obviously still interact with objects getting in their way.
    Also, how did September know they were coming?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Really good episode this week, really really good. Answers were delivered as promised, and better yet more big questions were asked. I also really liked that they were getting back to focusing on Olivia and cortexifan and her potential more, that's something they had moved away from a lot and it's great to ee it coming back to the front.
    iguana wrote: »
    There seems to have been a lot of importance placed on the baby. I'd guess that our-universe-peter & Olivia's baby was an important part of the evolutionary chain leading to the development of the 'observers'. And that a lot of that is probably due to the cortexifan and Olivia's powers. Other-universe Peter having a baby with Olivia is good enough, but a baby with Fauxlivia isn't, because she never did the cortexifan tests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Elohim wrote: »
    I wonder what took September away. They made a big deal of the thing falling over. So were they invisible guys from the future or what? They obviously still interact with objects getting in their way.
    Also, how did September know they were coming?

I dont think they were invisable, just too fast for the human eye mabey.
    Teleported in, grabbed September, teleported out..... (Future Time Police :D )

I'm frustrated too that Peter still doesnt think that he is home and that mabey everyone else (except Olivia) is wrong/has forgotten. Thats my take anyway.

Four week wait now, at least after that there is no more breaks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

don ramo wrote: »
    after a month though it says in the promo :(

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/02/fringe-episode-415-short-story-about.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I dont think they were invisable, just too fast for the human eye mabey.
    Teleported in, grabbed September, teleported out..... (Future Time Police :D )

I'm frustrated too that Peter still doesnt think that he is home and that mabey everyone else (except Olivia) is wrong/has forgotten. Thats my take anyway.

Four week wait now, at least after that there is no more breaks.

When he decided to carry on with that, I could only say "what a twat!"

I'm sure that the lack of relationship between the pair of them during this series, is probably one of the main reasons for the ratings taking a dive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Without Peters baby....September dosen't exist....in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Without Peters baby....September dosen't exist....in the future.

no way

Advertisement