Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with PPPoE

Options
  • 25-02-2012 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

When I play online on the PS3, I always connect using PPPoE this has always worked flawlessly until yesterday, I can no longer connect using this method therefore I have to connect using NAT type 3 which is rubbish for online gaming. This is the first time it has happened, I have even tried it on my brothers PS3 and Xbox 360 and they can't connect either. I have not made any changes to my router or internet settings since the last time it worked, which was two days ago. Does anybody have a similar problem ?

By the way I am using the Netopia 2247-02 ( I know its a bad router ) and this is not an attempt to add to the million NAT threads which already exist, I know how it works.:D

Any help would be greatly appreciated, whether its from a regular poster or an eircom rep.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

When I play online on the PS3, I always connect using PPPoE this has always worked flawlessly until yesterday, I can no longer connect using this method therefore I have to connect using NAT type 3 which is rubbish for online gaming. This is the first time it has happened, I have even tried it on my brothers PS3 and Xbox 360 and they can't connect either. I have not made any changes to my router or internet settings since the last time it worked, which was two days ago. Does anybody have a similar problem ?

By the way I am using the Netopia 2247-02 ( I know its a bad router ) and this is not an attempt to add to the million NAT threads which already exist, I know how it works.:D

Any help would be greatly appreciated, whether its from a regular poster or an eircom rep.

Username: Infinite_Loop

Can you go through the set up again - http://bit.ly/w4u4vs To see if that works?

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Same happened to us with the Xbox couple of weeks ago kept giving NAT strict error's

I went to firewall on the router and set it from medium to low and it went to NAT 1 (Open) after doing this not sure if it will sort the problem for you tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

jay93 wrote: »
    Same happened to us with the Xbox couple of weeks ago kept giving NAT strict error's

I went to firewall on the router and set it from medium to low and it went to NAT 1 (Open) after doing this not sure if it will sort the problem for you tough.

Hi jay93

Thanks for the tip :)

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Infinite_Loop

Sorry it took so long to reply to this, but I tried setting it up again but the problem persists and I still can't get PPPoE to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Sorry it took so long to reply to this, but I tried setting it up again but the problem persists and I still can't get PPPoE to work.

Hi Infinite_Loop,

Thanks for posting on the eircom Forum on Boards and apologies for the delay.

The following may be helpful in with setting up your Games Console along with your router. Before you try this it might be a good idea to clear all your current settings on the router and then re-apply them. The best way to do this is to hard reset your modem. This will bring it back to it's original defaut setup. Remember, keep all your settings for wireless and any portforwarding or changes you've made. Just write these down, just incase you may need apply these again after you've reset your modem

Resetting the eircom Modem

Games Console Setup

Don't forget to lower your firewall on your modem afterwards. The Netopia 2247 also lets you specify, or open ports for Games (gamers) to communicate over the Internet :

To do this, follow steps below:

Open your Internet browser and clear the address bar.
    Type the IP address of the router gateway, or web interface :

192.168.1.254 (Enter or press return / or go to the site)

Enter Expert Mode / or you may have a direct link to Gaming.

Click on Configure>Advanced>NAT

Select your Service Name from the list of Games (e.g: xBox Live) and Enable.

You may need to restart your games console and the modem again.

If you need technical support, please refer in the first instance to the supplier of the item you are experiencing difficulties with.

Otherwise, please check you can check your broadband setup with eircom Technical Support:

*Technical Support: 1890260260 -8:am-10pm (7 days)

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Advertisement
Advertisement