Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fpl Gw27 transfers

• 25-02-2012 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭

Think I might transfer out Aguero for Balotelli an save myself 3 million

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Right, I have 2 free transfers for this gameweek. Any suggestions...I'm having trouble finding someone to transfer out?
    Krul (SUN)
    Huth (NOR) Kelly (WOL) Kompany (BOL) Santon (SUN)
    Bale (MUN) Silva (BOL) Dempsey (WOL)
    Aguero (BOL) Ba (SUN) RVP (liv)
    SUBS: Sessegnon (new) Siggurssson (wig) Taylor (wig)
    Bank: 0.1 m

For the first time this season, I'm considering going 4-3-3!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Right, I have 2 free transfers for this gameweek. Any suggestions...I'm having trouble finding someone to transfer out?
    Krul (SUN)
    Huth (NOR) Kelly (WOL) Kompany (BOL) Santon (SUN)
    Bale (MUN) Silva (BOL) Dempsey (WOL)
    Aguero (BOL) Ba (SUN) RVP (liv)
    SUBS: Sessegnon (new) Siggurssson (wig) Taylor (wig)
    Bank: 0.1 m

For the first time this season, I'm considering going 4-3-3!

Who's your sub keeper? If it's Vorm, I'd just save the transfers. No need to use them just for the sake of it.

A United defender could be a good investment for the rest of the the season though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

carlcon wrote: »
    Who's your sub keeper? If it's Vorm, I'd just save the transfers. No need to use them just for the sake of it.

A United defender could be a good investment for the rest of the the season though.

Yeah Vorm is the other keeper. Since I have 2 free transfers, 1 will go down the drain if I don't use it so would like to use at least the one if I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Is Lescott a safer choice than Richards now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Is Lescott a safer choice than Richards now?

Ezekiel Fryers is a safer bet than Richards right now

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »

Yeah Vorm is the other keeper. Since I have 2 free transfers, 1 will go down the drain if I don't use it so would like to use at least the one if I can.

transfer out Sessegnon for McClean to free up some funds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

manual_man wrote: »
    Ezekiel Fryers is a safer bet than Richards right now

Why was richards dropped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I think Richards out, Lescott in is the best bet for this weeks transfer. Man City pretty much 100% set to keep a clean sheet next week, I really don't wanna miss out on it again with Richards. I've also been trying to find a way to get Evans or Smalling in, it'll have to wait another week or two. I think nearly everyone will need a City and Utd defender for the rest of the season.

Will probably bench RVP away to Liverpool. Liverpool are very strong at home and I have Yak to come in for him at home to Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Keeping my transfer this week then getting in Rooney for Aguero and Phil Jones for Jose Enrique

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Why are you considering Jones, he's still playing in defence isn't he? Can't see the point in maying an extra 1.5m plus over Evans unless he is playing in MF...

• Advertisement

Got the penalty-saving legend that is Al Habsi in for Friedel. Free up funds for an Aguero to Rooney switch week after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭pah

Kolarov in for Kompany. Bit of a risk with rotation but he's played the full 90 last 3 games and picked up 6,5,15. All my main rivals have Kompany.

Was considering pogbrebnyak? But who to drop aguero, cisse rvp? All main rivals seem to have kun & VP

Anyone have an insight on the Stoke team, does it look like Sorenson has lost his place?

Don't fancy having Krul away at Arsenal in two weeks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

Valentia out, the mighty Surman in :D

...in anticipation of a bigger plan for my forward line.

roryc wrote: »
    Why are you considering Jones, he's still playing in defence isn't he? Can't see the point in maying an extra 1.5m plus over Evans unless he is playing in MF...

Less chance he'll be rotated than Evans, and more chance he'll play in midfield meaning more scope for assists

It appears Darren Bent might miss the rest of the season, for anyone who has him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Less chance he'll be rotated than Evans, and more chance he'll play in midfield meaning more scope for assists

I think Evans is a banker for the rest of the season at centre half. If Vidic makes a comeback soon (which I really hope he doesn't, could be a disaster) then Evans will make way.

Jones won't play in midfield again imo barring a serious spate of injuries. Scholes and Carrick are there for the rest of the season I think. They are clearly far better than him in there. When Cleverley makes his latest comeback from injury then he'll be ahead of Jones yet again.

You could invest your money else where and still have a United defender who is a threat going forward for corners (even if he rarely scores).

I think Evans is a banker for the rest of the season at centre half. If Vidic makes a comeback soon (which I really hope he doesn't, could be a disaster) then Evans will make way.

Jones won't play in midfield again imo barring a serious spate of injuries. Scholes and Carrick are there for the rest of the season I think. They are clearly far better than him in there. When Cleverley makes his latest comeback from injury then he'll be ahead of Jones yet again.

You could invest your money else where and still have a United defender who is a threat going forward for corners (even if he rarely scores).

Maybe it's just a little bit of sentimentality on my part, but I had Jones at the start of the season and he played a blinder, so that swayed my thinking

Was able to afford Jones and Rooney, so went for it

I know what you mean about Jones, I had him for most of the season too but can't see him moving back to midfield again, where his main value lies.

In other news Kelly could be injured for Fulham :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Thinking of switching Sorenson to Begovic. Wonder if he's the new starter. Would hate to waste a transfer on it for it to turn out that Sorenson just had an illness or knock or something last time. If it was Just him dropped I can't see why Begovic wouldn't start this weekend after a cleansheet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Brought in Pogrebnyak, 2 goals in the last 2 games and at home against Wolves next game.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

Thinking of switching Sorenson to Begovic. Wonder if he's the new starter. Would hate to waste a transfer on it for it to turn out that Sorenson just had an illness or knock or something last time. If it was Just him dropped I can't see why Begovic wouldn't start this weekend after a cleansheet.

Already made this transfer. Begovic is first choice now imo.Sorensen has been stink over the last while. Stoke out of europe now as well. I never spend much on keepers, my only other option was howard(5.4m-too expensive) but surely stoke will improve defensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tipperaryman

My Squad:

Vorm Krul
    Kelly Enrique Lescott BAE Simpson
    Walters Silva Bale Moses Sinclair
    Welbeck Cisse Van Persie (c)

Problem areas have been welbeck, walters and sinclair over the last few weeks. Ive 1 free transfer but 2.7 in the bank. In my money league I need to keep winning, the player I am playing is not trying anymore but has Aguero, Van Persie and Suarez up front!! this scares me....

Any opinons will be worthwhile, sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

Brought in Balotelli for Robbie Keane and Bogdan for Vorm.

Twas time to get rid of Keane and Balotelli is gonna be first choice up top for City I feel.

Also I've Mignolet as my first choice goalie so I needed to save money and decided to bail on Vorm for a great profit having got him in at 4.0. Bogdan will do for someone who's gonna sit on the bench.

I like the fact that I've Aguero with Balotelli vs Bolton this weekend, next week (28) I'll transfer Suarez in for Aguero as he has the double gameweek with the intention to transfer him out for Rooney in gameweek after (29)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Another week of transfer woes for me...

Vorm / Rooney / Cisse / Lindegaard / Valencia / Kelly

I expect Vorm & Rooney back anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Just an FYI. It would not hurt to save your transfer for this week, since there's a double week for Liverpool & Everton next week, which is then followed by a week with only 16 teams playing.

Transfers will be a lot more precious then than now.

*EDIT*
    Nope, I'm wrong. FA Cup rescheduling will probably have most, if not all clubs playing that week. Still though, Liverpool double week; Suarez time!

Just an FYI. It would not hurt to save your transfer for this week, since there's a double week for Liverpool & Everton next week, which is then followed by a week with only 16 teams playing.

I imagine the other four teams will play that gameweek too, Spurs and Chelsea are just waiting til after their cup replays (6th/7th March) - presuming they both go through i imagine the fixtures will be moved to midweek like the others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

*EDIT*
    Nope, I'm wrong. FA Cup rescheduling will probably have most, if not all clubs playing that week. Still though, Liverpool double week; Suarez time!

That's not a bad idea at all considering that Liverpool have a double gameweek followed by OPR (A) and Wigan (H).

I could potential bring two Liverpool players in next week - probably Suarez and Adam (?), keep then for a few weeks and then get rid of them when I'm using my wildcard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭podge018

What do people think of:

Valencia OUT Gerrard IN
    Sessegnon OUT McClean IN

thinking Gerrard long term and with the doubler. The other one to fund it.

I haven't made a transfer since GW24, that's right I carried 2 last week, really nothing I want to do with my team and am worried this is tinkering. I didn't even use my winter wildcard ffs.

Anything else you might recommend?

My team is:

Vorm Krul

Enrique Kompany Evans BAE Simpson

Bale Valencia Silva Sessegnon Moses

RVP Ba Aguero

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

podge018 wrote: »
    What do people think of:

Valencia OUT Gerrard IN
    Sessegnon OUT McClean IN

thinking Gerrard long term and with the doubler. The other one to fund it.

I haven't made a transfer since GW24, that's right I carried 2 last week, really nothing I want to do with my team and am worried this is tinkering. I didn't even use my winter wildcard ffs.

Anything else you might recommend?

My team is:

Vorm Krul

Enrique Kompany Evans BAE Simpson

Bale Valencia Silva Sessegnon Moses

RVP Ba Aguero

Gerrard went off injured tonight

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement