Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fpl Gw27 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

thought it was a precautionary tight hamstring he went off with. Understandable after 120 minutes on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

podge018 wrote: »
    What do people think of:

Valencia OUT Gerrard IN
    Sessegnon OUT McClean IN

thinking Gerrard long term and with the doubler. The other one to fund it.

I haven't made a transfer since GW24, that's right I carried 2 last week, really nothing I want to do with my team and am worried this is tinkering. I didn't even use my winter wildcard ffs.

Anything else you might recommend?

My team is:

Vorm Krul

Enrique Kompany Evans BAE Simpson

Bale Valencia Silva Sessegnon Moses

RVP Ba Aguero

Sounds like a decent enough swap. McClean is as good as Sess for points for alot less. Valencia isnt guaranteed to start this weekend, plus his value will go down to 7.9 after tonight, so if you want to do that swap your probly best doin it now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

So, after being conservative for too long and not going with my instincts I've gone and made 3 transfers and taken a 4 point hit. All my leagues were getting away from me so drastic action was needed.

Sess, Valencia and Ba out and Nani, McClean and Cisse (Newcastle) in. I know Cisse is a doubt but I reckon he'll play. Those subs leave me with £2.3m in the bank too. So team for this week is:
    Vorm

Caulker Josh Jevans

Bale Nani Silva McClean

Rvp Aguero Cisse

Bench: Sorensen Dyer Simpson Jenrique.

Happy enough, gonna put my faith in Swansea getting a clean sheet against Wigan. Might still tinker with the defence before the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

manual_man wrote: »
    Valencia isnt guaranteed to start this weekend, plus his value will go down to 7.9 after tonight, so if you want to do that swap your probly best doin it now

Only had 8.0m from sale of valencia but made my 2nd free transfer of week putting downing into my team. Hoping he can come good for the rest of season after display in league cup final.

Valencia isnt guaranteed to start this weekend, plus his value will go down to 7.9 after tonight, so if you want to do that swap your probly best doin it now

Only had 8.0m from sale of valencia but made my 2nd free transfer of week putting downing into my team. Hoping he can come good for the rest of season after display in league cup final.

downing was excellent. unproven ff points wise, but if he continues that form you could have yourself a real differential

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

downing was excellent. unproven ff points wise, but if he continues that form you could have yourself a real differential

Downing will go back to his usual form this weekend,he's the only winger that spent 90 minutes running the wrong way I've ever seen.Somebody even posted up the opta stats to prove it.To think I had him in my team at the start of the season:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm waiting to hear if Bale will be fit before I make any substitutions...

zerks wrote: »

Downing will go back to his usual form this weekend,he's the only winger that spent 90 minutes running the wrong way I've ever seen.Somebody even posted up the opta stats to prove it.To think I had him in my team at the start of the season:eek:

Haha. Well in fairness he did look like a new player on Sunday. And was playing further forward, kind of like Walcott and Oxlade do for Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Think i am going to carry over this weeks transfer even though i have Valencia,Kelly and Vorm all listed as injured/doubtfull.......

Kelly i really would like to play of all of them tbh.....

Bit the bullet. Got Suarez in for Ba. I really don't fancy Ba any more. Fancy goals in the Liverpool Arsenal game so hope he delivers. Taken a 4 point hit for this one. Have other transfers in mind for next week

• Advertisement

Still think you're crazy taking points hits every week, Suarez will have to score 1 goal more than Ba just to break even on your transfer!

roryc wrote: »
    Still think you're crazy taking points hits every week, Suarez will have to score 1 goal more than Ba just to break even on your transfer!

It's long term. I'm getting in Rooney next week so it was either a hit this week or next. I fancy Suarez more than I do Ba this gw

F**k f**k f**k... Van Persie down as doubtful now!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sold Bale for Dempsey as he was doubtfull,now looks like he will play but i still fancy Dempsey to outscore him this week..
    Will most likely get him back in a week or two anyway,Aguero is next to go...

dahat wrote: »
    Sold Bale for Dempsey as he was doubtfull,now looks like he will play but i still fancy Dempsey to outscore him this week..
    Will most likely get him back in a week or two anyway,Aguero is next to go...

Same, happy enough getting rid of Bale either way. Can't see him doing much against United, especially if hes not 100% fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

My team is slowly unravelling. Latest blow is that Sessegnon might not play on Sunday. He had problems with his flight. MON will assess him.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/12/03/02/manual_112845.html
    Sunderland boss Martin O'Neill will assess striker Stephane Sessegnon ahead of Sunday's derby trip to Newcastle after he was delayed on his return from international action.

The 27-year-old was not on Wearside on Friday morning following a problem with his flights back from Benin's 0-0 draw against Ethiopia in African Nations Cup qualifying on Wednesday.

Sweden midfielder Sebastian Larsson is expected to be available after complaining of feeling unwell before he scored twice in his country's 3-1 victory in Croatia, as is striker Nicklas Bendtner (ankle), but keeper Keiren Westwood (wrist) is out and Craig Gordon is likely to take his place on the bench and full-back Phil Bardsley (calf) remains a doubt.

As it stands 4 of my players are doubtful and then Valencia is still out. HAve 2 transfers. Might play both this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I had Robbie Keane while he was home. Swapped him out for Danny Graham to act as a 12th man swap with one of my midfielders.

Could be a good time to get him in this week against wigan

Sess too! I might have to use my WC tomorrow morning...

Already got rid of Bale, Valencia confirmed out, Kelly and Van Persie doubtful, Sess possibly doubtful and BAE not a cert after being doubtful earlier in the week!

I'm not too bad. VP Bale & Kelly all doubtful. But have Bale as first sub anyway, and Assou or JE to come in for Kelly if injured

roryc wrote: »
    Sess too! I might have to use my WC tomorrow morning...

Already got rid of Bale, Valencia confirmed out, Kelly and Van Persie doubtful, Sess possibly doubtful and BAE not a cert after being doubtful earlier in the week!

You could do worse than use it now. Spurs have a tough run anyway. You could use it to get Liverpool defenders with their double GW, or even Suarez too, if you dare. Show us your team

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I'm thinking of bringing in Stephen Ireland for Valencia . Mccleish has said he will be playing where Keane was playing for them .

Blackburns form at home is ****e I think aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I'm thinking of bringing in Stephen Ireland for Valencia . Mccleish has said he will be playing where Keane was playing for them .

Blackburns form at home is ****e I think aswell

Nice one! Looks like I've made my mind up on who to replace Bale with. Just googled Stephen Ireland and he'll more than likely be playing up front for the rest of the season. He's not bad FF-wise, is cheap and is playing up-front. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

After a long time with the mouse over "Confirm" I've clicked and swapped Bale out for Ireland. Villa are usually good for a few goals and they should definitely get a good few in the next 3 games with Bolton and Fulham at home and Blackburn away this week. I also now have 4.3 in my bank to do whatever I want with next week. I'm looking to bulk up my defence so next weeks transfers will probably be Enrique in for someone like Caulker. If Richards doesn't start this week then it'll be him on his way for Enrique or possibly Skrtel.

You could do worse than use it now. Spurs have a tough run anyway. You could use it to get Liverpool defenders with their double GW, or even Suarez too, if you dare. Show us your team

I wouldn't touch Suarez, even if he had three double GW's coming up. He's poison in terms of FF.

On a points per game ratio he is ranked 26th for strikers
    On a goals scored basis he's 23rd
    On an assists basis he's 21st

Which one of these stats made you buy him :)

Liverpool have a strong defence, and therefore if you are aiming for the double GW and easy upcoming fixtures this is where you should look. They don't score many goals. Van Persie has scored three goals less than the entire Liverpool team this season...

Thats not to say he won't go out and score, but its not a shrewd buy.

Time will tell. I have a feeling he'll do well for me. Come to think of it though Liverpool defenders might not be so good for the double gw, a merseyside derby and away to Sunderland, without Agger, i'd be surprised if they kept a clean sheet in either

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Despite RVP, Bale & Sessegnon being doubtful I'm thinking of going Ba to Pogrebnyak.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Sess and Ba out

Suarez and mc clean in

Have enough to do ageuro to rooney next week in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

should i play assou k or enrique?? really dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

RB100 wrote: »
    should i play assou k or enrique?? really dont know

Assou K is more of an attacking threat and its reflected in his FPL stats. I dont see either keeping a clean sheet. Thats how I'd seperate them.

I dont have Assou K and I have Enrique benched at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

yea I know neither are gonna keep clean sheet it comes down to attacking..I'll play assou then

I sold richards today and got Lescott, really annoyed cus he is really attacking just doesn't play :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement