Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E.L.F. Eyeshadows?

• 25-02-2012 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Recently saw a makeup tutorial on youtube, and the girl was using an ELF pallette. I really liked the colours, so i went to the website and checked it out. Fell in love with some of the palettes...and so cheap! 3.50 and 6 pounds?!

Does anyone have any experience with E.L.F. eyeshadows? Are they good quality or does the price say it all ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mickey Lover

I buy them all the time from the US find it even cheaper cos I use a personal shopping service. Have found their sets be be very good value for money and very good quality for the price. People also go on about their brushes and how good they are, I myself think their primer is every bit as good as the Elizabeth Arden Good Morning Skin Serum and their High Def powder gives a lovely dewy glow without being shiny. HTH :)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

If you don't mind me asking for clarity- what do you mean by very good quality for the price? Are there any other well known brands you would compare them to?
    I've had people say similar things about essence eyeshadows and I personally think those are muck!

Thanks so much :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

I have an Elf eyeshadow set, the small one here http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/product~prodID~165.htm
    I hate it, such a waste of money. you're way better off with sleek. maybe theyve different quality in other sets, but wouldn't advise anyone to bother personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I have an ELF palette too.. I did an order with them a while back.

I love the brushes, such good value for money. The postage is dear enough IMO but if you had a few people ordering together then it'd be a better idea!!

The palette isn't great... since buying the Naked Palette I'm a convert. The pigment and quality is just too good to buy cheaper stuff anymore!

But the brushes are fantastic value for money...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I have a 32 piece palette called everyday brights. They don't seem to have the exact one anymore but it's similar to this just with slightly different colours.

http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/product~prodID~384.htm

I find the quality of the shadows to be hit an miss. The really bright blues and greens and pinks are lovely and pigmented. Most of the colours are really powdery or else you really need to dig into them to get any kind of payoff.

There are other palette options by other companies that are just so much better . Try sleek or the 88 colour palettes (available on ebay).

Having said that, if you buy the single shadows from the studio line from elf they are a little better. I have a cream shadow from them too which is good. Overall though the brand is just ok and you can get better elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mickey Lover

I suppose what I meant what that for the price I was paying I got more than I expected. I found the choice of colours great, mine weren't too powdery and they seemed to last as long as some Clinique eyeshadows I've had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

its well worth following their facebook or signing up for their emails. They are always giving free shipping if you purchase more than €10 worth of stuff.

The studio flat powder brush is amazing for foundation. I also want to get some of their mini palettes and take out the casing to make a mini z type palette - you just need to glue down the metal plate at the bottom and have magnet stickers for your shadows. These palettes also fit Mac shadows so are brilliant value for €2.50 or so

Havent tried the eyeshadows myself.

You should check the reviews on makeupalley - always find them spot on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭lil_tuts

Cheap bad quality make up . sleek do brilliant eye shadow palettes :

http://www.cloud10beauty.com/brands/index/search/id/Sleek

Advertisement