Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel in Europe

• 25-02-2012 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭

Assuming I am new to life on the road and I have all the summer to travel Europe, I would be grateful of plaes to visit. Many of you have travelled in France, Spain, Germany and Italy as well as eastern Eurpoe. I would like to hear your suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭AutostratusEB

Hi

New here, but FWIW I'd recommend:

France: Volcanic area of Auvergne, Le Puy en Velay, Annecy, Ile de Re and everywhere else. There's a few others but I'll keep them to myself

Italy: Lake Como (west side), Good campsites around Menaggio. North coast of Sardinia down to cliffs on east side of island also spectacular. Connemara/Kerry in 30 deg C

Germany: the "romantic road" in the south is worth it, lakes south of Munich and 13% bock-beer in Andechs, onto Garmisch/Austria and into Italy via st Moritz/Chiavenna is a great drive. Gonna do it again.

Spain: Take coast road from Couliore in France and head for/stop in Cadaquez (Spain) if you like tricky winding mountain roads, glorious scenery, Dali and surrealism.

I'd love to hear about campervanning in/around Greece & Adriatic coast, read some good UK blogs but not exactly what I'm after for sights etc. Was in Hungary in the mid 90's around Balaton/Buda - would love to hear how it's changed now and if its worth visiting in a MH

Any other off-the-beaten-track suggestions around France/Spain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

...................Spain: Take coast road from Couliore in France and head for/stop in Cadaquez (Spain) if you like tricky winding mountain roads, glorious scenery..................

Here's a taster,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Hey,
    you should take a look at www.europebycamper.com, its a couple touring europe in their camper, they left england in april last year year and are now in morocco, plenty of photos and advice,
    sorry i dont have any personal suggestions, need a camper first:o

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭HereAndThere

Domain is down but they are on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/EuropeByCamper

Advertisement