Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrapping a car in Athlone

Options
  • 25-02-2012 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know a car dismantler or scrap merchant in Athlone who can take away an old car that I need to scrap ? - I've tried Google and the Athlone Advertiser can't find anything there.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

Tow it to Hammond Lane, they'll even pay you for it.

Brother got €150 for his old banger a few weeks ago. :D

If you've any other scrap metal around the place throw it in it. They go by weight. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

Thanks for your reply. It's not taxed though so I can't legally take it onto the roads - I was hoping someone could collect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

No problem if it's being towed - it's not an MPV, it is in effect a trailer.

Just make sure that the tow rope is strong enough - clothes line will NOT do!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 carmella2012

Hammond Lane is the only place to go! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

Thanks - That's where I went. They gave me 120 Euros for the car.

I'm just very surprised that there's nobody in a town the size of Athlone prepared to collect old cars - It's a nuisance having to arrange for someone to tow the car out to Hammond Lane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 damo244

You should have called ganlys dismantlers in mullingar they would have collected and payed you.awell done now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Eazzah

Shame that it's already scrapped, I have a friend in school who has a father that does scrapping, They are out in Garrycastle, their name is Devery.

Advertisement