Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids at door in Letterkenny looking for sponsors

Options
  • 25-02-2012 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else in Letterkenny sick of the amount of Schoolkids going around doors looking for people to sponsor them for "charity"???

Ive had 3 at the door today alone & at least 5 during the week.. Do the schools encourage them to do this?? Because i know when i was at school (80s/90s) we were warned not to go around peoples doors looking for sponsors.

Is it not dangerous for the kids as well i mean its nearly 9 o clock on a saturday night and someone was just at my door.

I dont mean to be a killjoy but im just sick of being bothered by them at this stage tbh!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Comedian

I nvr answer the door to anyone, ever.
    Problem solved
    But yea, before I moved to Letterkenny we were plagued with kids looking for money..
    We were only sent out once a year when i was in primary school (20 years ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Comedian wrote: »
    I nvr answer the door to anyone, ever.
    Problem solved
    But yea, before I moved to Letterkenny we were plagued with kids looking for money..
    We were only sent out once a year when i was in primary school (20 years ago)

I couldnt do that im too nosy :)

I only have to look out the window & when i see its schoolkids i dont go to the door but its just annoying as it wakes the dog up too & gets him excited lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭grugni

I dont mind sponsoring the first one, but I use it like a warning alarm and then dont answer the door for the rest of the evening...

Advertisement