Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on petrol lawn mower

Options
  • 25-02-2012 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

Just looking for ideas/ experience on a petrol mower.

My old one died of old age and I have a budget of around €300 for a new one.

Has to be petrol as its a long garden and no power points in range - my old Briggs Stratton engine never failed until the end.

Any thoughts - ideally looking for self propelled 18" blade

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭celticmicky

Anything Italian made with a Briggs and Stratton engine will be fine. Stay away from the DIY chains as in my experience you get a better lawnmower with a lawnmower dealer - and alot of the time you will spend less than you would in the DIY store.

Castelgarden are hard to beat for quality and value, something like the one below would be a good mower.

http://www.amrentals.ie/Walk_behind_mowers/Castelgarden_XC48BSW4.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

have a look on donedeal aswell,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Trademark

If you still have the old one, you could check with a local lawnmower dealer/repair place to see if they would take it for parts and knock a few quid off a new one for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

If you can try to get an aluminium deck as it wont rot like a steel deck will.. I would second the Castlegarden and engine wise either Briggs & Stratton or Honda are good for the long run..

Advertisement