Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Horse Racing

Options
  • 25-02-2012 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭

Ive been te victim of one of the most ridiculous decisions/bannings in the history of boards.ie from a totally inept moderator.

There was a thread in the HR forum titled 'Minsk'. One the the most high profile horses of the season do far and could have created pages and pages of discussion. the horse was running today for the first time.

The thread was locked because the person who started the thread was banned. Who cares if he was banned we were discussing the horse.

For those who dont follow HR It was akin to locking a Man Utd Liverpool thread on Matchday without any warning.

Obviously it a small forum so the post count wasn't in the league of soccer or whatever.

The moderator has time and again proven themselves to be completely inept.

For instance a thread was started criticizing a jockey for the way he rode a horse and the mod (Convert) locked the thread for no reason other than Convert is a jockey and doesn't think he deserved the stick he was getting.

It's a HR forum where we discuss all aspects of HR.

Also I have been down this road before and nothing is ever done, which is he reason why small forums like HR never grow. We had Hobart before who nearly killed the forum.

But I said id post here anyway and if you have any interest in the smaller forums then you will take action. But I doubt it.

Richie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

You weren't banned for the thread about Minsk, you were banned for starting a thread to attack the mod personally over a moderation decision, which is not how you do that kind of thing.

And I don't see any reason to overturn that ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

And locking the thread without giving the forum regulars any good reason is how mods do things, is that right

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

That's not what you were banned for. This forum is for appealing specific moderation decisions, it's not a fishing trip. If you have an issue with the forum's moderation, PM the moderator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Typical, whatever, let the forum die

GL

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

If you have an issue with moderation that isn't related to your DR thread, either PM the mod in question or fire up a thread in feedback.

• Advertisement
Advertisement