Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions please.

Options
  • 25-02-2012 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I would like to hear from others who may have some insight for me.

We have been through the TTC(+5years) rollercoaster, clinics, tests, clomid, opk's, negatives, herbs, vits, drops, up, down you get the idea..it turned out himself has low morphology after I did clomid for 6 months and only ended up really sick.

After a very difficult year, with a family death, a family fall out and me giving up work I finally caught a break.

I just landed a great job. Now of course i'm afraid I'II get pregnant in the first few months, you know how typical these things can be.

Maybe it's just that I want a break from everything ttc related for a while but I really want to go back on the pill for a while. I have spoken to himself, he's not thrilled with the idea, but hasn't said no either. I feel that ttc is all one sided with him. He makes no effort with his diet or work practises with regard to all the things he could do. As increasing morphology is one of the things you can successfully do. I really think he's in denial that it's him has the problem. I'm not pointling fingers, my own diet ain't great and there is an issues with low hormones.

I'm 35 soon, and have told himself I want to give up ttc at 38 as I don't want to be facing into my 40s with a baby(I have the greatest respect for those that do, it just isn't for me). I have other health issues which would just complicate things.

I have never been overly maternal so not having kids wouldn't be as devastating to me as it is to some, even though I know I would be thrilled if I did concieve. It just seems that the last five years ttc has worn me out, maybe i'm just trying to justify myself here, i don't know.

Do you think I'd be mad to go back on the pill for a few months.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

No you're not mad, if it feels right for you and you want to take a breather then do it.

You never know, you could go on it for 6 months and come off it and it might kick-start something. I've heard of this happening.

Do you do the cooking at home? maybe you can sneakily insert some superfoods into your partners dinners that will help with the morphology. Take the hard work out of it for him and get whatever recommended vitamin & supplement kits there are for sperm.

If his reaction (emotional) to that is bad then I would suggest really talking it out with him whether he wants a baby or not. Maybe he needs a breather from it all also.

Advertisement