Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Busking in Ireland

Options
  • 25-02-2012 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello. I'm a 18 lad from Poland and I plan to go to Ireland during the 2012 summer holidays to busk a bit. It's gonna be my fourth time visiting the country and I already did some busking in Letterkenny with a friend of mine, we made pretty much money. But this time I want to visit a few towns and cities: Dublin, Waterford, Limerick, Galway, Cork and maybe some more. I hardly know anything about the law concerning busking. Do I need a special permission? Does Garda disturb in any way? Is there a lot of competition? What stuff should I play? I sing and play the guitar and harmonica, I might take some kazoo as well :pac: Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Play the English national anthem at around half twelve at night , always goes down a storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

You don't need a licence. Just play some of the standards and recent chart hits; they'll go down just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

If you're going to busk in Dublin, beware of Grafton Street.. It's stuffed during summer and you'll be competing with 'buskers' with full PA systems, that drown out everything else..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FaithfulCat

Sorry, I had so much stuff to do and forgot about my holiday plands for a while :) Thank you for your help. Do I need an amp or mic if I'm gonna busk? I used to play in a quite silent place, but I know streets can be noisy...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

cloptrop wrote: »
    Play the English national anthem at around half twelve at night , always goes down a storm.

just in case your English isn't up to sarcasm, may I suggest that this is NOT a good idea!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 FaithfulCat

@Up

Yeah, fortunately I'm pretty good at all kinds of irony but thank you anyway for your care :)

Advertisement