Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wheatgrass

Options
  • 25-02-2012 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

Hi

Where can I purchase liquid wheatgrass?

Molly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Or wheatgross as I like to call it :)

Joking aside, I'd liked to know this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

I wonder is the powder version as gud as the liquid version?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,415 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

A lot of juice bars have it

Thanks for that, but I would like to get it to use daily at home

• Registered Users Posts: 39,415 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's not something that keeps very well. Juice bars make it fresh.
    A hoem version would need to contain some sort of preservative

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

H&B and the Health Store both sell a bottled variety ( has a green and red label ), for about €6 a pop.
    The brand they sell though personally I wouldnt be so sure about , its laden with sugar. Only one Ive seen out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

amdublin wrote: »
    Or wheatgross as I like to call it :)

Joking aside, I'd liked to know this too.

Tis an acquired taste alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Im21Iswear

Have you thought about growing it? My boyf grows & juices his own wheatgrass. Is so cheap & easy to do - grows from seed in about 10/12 days then juice, keeps maybe 3 days in the fridge.

Fresh juice much better than powdered imo

thanks for all the replies :D

never though of growing it and jucing it,

does he get the seeds online or in a health shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Im21Iswear

He bought the seeds or 'wheat berries' from a health food shop. The guy had to order them in - was a 25kg bag I think for around €23 and would last for a year anyway.

Just a small shallow tray of compost - like a seeding tray, with holes to allow for drainage. Scatter the seeds on top of compost (having soaked seeds over night/ 12 hours in water and then drain) and cover with a black plastic bag & place in a dark place for 3 days to allow germination.

After 3 days place tray on window sill - water grass daily, allowing excess water to drain off. Will reach height of about 12 inches within 7 - 10 days.

Cut off above white roots & juice

My boyf uses a manual crank handled juicer, was bout €30 I think from amazon. Also juices a large orange in with the wheatgrass to take the edge off!

hope this helps :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement