Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Femara-anyone heard of it?

Options
  • 26-02-2012 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭

just wondering if anyones heard of it or knows if we can get it in this country??

be nice to have another option instead of just Clomid

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lala75

I was prescribed Femara in the past for ttc. I was prescribed it as I had such an awful time on clomid. It can also be used if someone doesn't respond too well to clomid.
    You could speak to youe dr/consultant about maybe using it as an alternative to clomid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

and did you get it in Ireland?
    how did it work for you??

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

I'm on Femara. I am a patient of Napro and joined them back in 2005. After lots of surgery and having tried every drug under the sun, Napro prescribed Femara and 5 months later I got my BFP and I have a little boy who is almost 3.
    I am back with Napro and back on Femara trying for #2. :)
    As far as I know, it was originally prescribed for breast cancer patients but they found one of the side effects to be increased fertility so some innovative doctors started to prescribe it to women for treatment of infertility.
    Personally speaking, having been on Clomid too, the side effects of Femara are minimal in comparison. I was like a b***h in heat when I was on Clomid and had lots of hot flushes etc but never had any of that on Femara. The worst I could say is that my mucus dried up a bit, but you can get other treatments for that too!
    Talk to your consultant about it. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lala75

I did get it in Ireland. My consultant prescribed it. Didn't work for us but it turns out that our infertility is WAY more complicated than we thought - it's down to a chromosomal translocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Ah thanks heaps thats a help to know Im back with my consultant in may and Ill mention it then when I was on Clomid before I had no response to it and this is actually my 5th round so I might be aloud try the other if they agree

• Advertisement
Advertisement