Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OFWGKTA

• 26-02-2012 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭

Hi. I don't know what people think of them around here but personally I love them, and I haven't seen a dedicated Odd Future thread so I figured why not.

Anyway, they released a video for 'Rella' the other day and it's directed by Tyler himself and it's off the upcoming 'Odd Future Tape Vol 2' on the 20th March. And it's fairly hilarious I think...

And on Monday night (or it could've been Tuesday) OddFutureTalk released 'Unreleased Vol 4' which is alright I suppose. But it's free sooo.. http://oddfuturetalk.com/oft-x-creative-bunch-present-unreleased-volume-4

Then Hodgy Beats released 'Untitled EP' today for free and from what Ive heard and taken in so far I like the majority of it; http://store.oddfuture.com/collections/music/products/hodgy-beats-untitled-ep

So in summary they're a lovely bunch of lads, their shows look like right fun and there's always new music from them. And there it is, all my effort into an opening post. Now talk OF stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

apart from frank ocean not much of a fan, only because i havnt given them the time to judge, but from what i can make out, people dont judge them highly on here.
    although, i left that video myself in one of the threads, as its a weird/good video, and not a bad song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Literally the worst thing I have seen in Hip-Hop ever. I do not see why they get the hype they do.

Like Drake and Wayne get attention because they are good at what they do, not my cup of tea, but still.

But OF just don't make sense, I don't see why they are popular. They are like the west coast version of ICP imo.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭VagnerLove

I was going to make this thread haha

I'm not a huge fan like some people, but I like them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Don't know what to make of them tbh, Frank Ocean is very good but I know the rest of OF are the polar opposite to him, Tyler and Earl are a bit mental, some of their stuff is pretty intense.

I have Goblin on my iPod but it's not something I'd listen to regularly, don't really know how to explain it but I'd have to be in a weird mood to listen to it, like it's not something I'd listen to to in the gym, when I'm relaxing, when I'm in driving...I don't know where it fits in with me.

Heard they're pretty mental live, was thinking about going to see them when they're here but mightn't bother if Frank Ocean won't be there as I don't really know anyone else/any other songs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I like ICP so in theory i should like these lads since they're basically a carbon copy but i hate them, they can't rap, they're overall pretty bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭VagnerLove

Literally the worst thing I have seen in Hip-Hop ever. I do not see why they get the hype they do.

harsh!
    P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    they can't rap, they're overall pretty bad.

again, bit harsh!

There's potential there. I can understand why people don't like them because

1) a lot of their stuff is a bit fucked up.

2) lyrically, they can be a little off-point.

but that's not to say they "can't rap" full stop. I think can they mix the very good with the horrible.

isn't Frank Ocean older than the rest at 24 though? they can work on what they have going so far.

watching some of their interviews etc, Tyler can be a funny bastard haha. It will be interesting to see if they mature as a group or just continue as they are (in which case they would be forgotten about quickly).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

As far as i know they're gonna have something to do with some new program on MTV, i think it's another jackass style program.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    i think it's another jackass style program.

So it is reality tv for them then yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

lol i just dont get them tbh.

that video is funny to be fair, but they come across as a pack of freaks.

• Advertisement

personally im not a fan of the group but they are not terrible, if they are the worst youve ever heard what youve heard is very limited.

They are the worst group I have heard who have gotten the most hype and praise.
    I personally do not know of any worse groups and I would prefer to keep it that way.

I must check out Frank Ocean as he is apparently good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

The show they're doing isn't a reality one and it's not MTV, it's called Loiter Squad and it'll air on Adult Swim, basically it's a comedy sketch show like a lot of Adult Swim.
    And yes, they are hilarious. Watch interviews with them. Especially the one I'm posting.
    Definitely one of the best things about following them is they're full of surprises. I'd say almost weekly there's new material from them and they already have such an extensive discography. And for the last year and something Earl Sweatshirt has been missing, along with mystery to his location and hints and new songs from him it was pretty gripping in a way. And now he's back.
    Watch this just do it.

Wasn't he at school or something as he is 17?

Epic meal time randomness stolen in the above video and not just for the bacon. Also the R Kelly line is epic meal time all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Wasn't he at school or something as he is 17?

Nothing was ever actually confirmed but it's general- knowledge- I suppose, that he was in Samoa in some boarding school or boot camp. Complex done an article on it. And then on the second of this month if I remember right he came back home and just turned 18 and legally 'free' on Friday.
    Just listen to his songs Blade, Earl, epaR, Drop. He's one of the best in the group give him a chance at least!

Nope can't do it, "Earl" annoys the hell out of me I just hate that style. Blade was nothing special.

Plus in every song, video and interview it is clear they are trying to get attention which is also annoying.

Anyway, I will stop now as this is supposed to be a thread promoting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Yo! MTV SUCKS

jesus man seem a bit late jumping on the whole 'odd future bandwagon',tylers a prick,earls just about okay but id gladly never hear any of his stuff again,hodgy is average at best and the rest of them are just a pack of ****ing idiots,

ASAP MOB WE IN DIS!!!!!:D:D:D

jesus man seem a bit late jumping on the whole 'odd future bandwagon',tylers a prick,earls just about okay but id gladly never hear any of his stuff again,hodgy is average at best and the rest of them are just a pack of ****ing idiots,

ASAP MOB WE IN DIS!!!!!:D:D:D

ASAP Rocky?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Not a big fan of Of but a big Tyler fan...Tyler, Earl and Frank Ocean are the only members with any talent tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement