Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Bulldog Puppy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭crazyFeet

Ok, I am a fresh baked frenchie owner, and I got one recently in Mayo, it was not a secure purchase as the dog has no papers, it does have an EU passport tho with all vaccine and chip stamps and signatures, we are however going to consult the vet in Sligo on monday to be on the safe side and sort out insurance asap just in case, which hopefully wont happen but is very common. Please do some reading about the breed, they have loads of health problems, you can check some of my threads, people have left loads of valuable information there about how and what to do, and why. :)

I support rescue too, but when you are getting a dog like FB, i will agree it is better to get it from a kennel and as a small pup, to avoid any health problems you might now be aware of. Bad habits would be a big issue for me, as I spend 23/7 with my pup to avoid him getting any, obviously impossible but I am an optimist! It is a small dog who will spend most of time indoors, so it would be crucial in my opinion.

All in all, read, talk and learn as much as you can about them, it is somebody who will be beside you for the next 10+ years, and you'd want to make sure they will enjoy them years with you not suffer...

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭crazyFeet

oh, yea, and a happy pic :)

1335546307708.jpg

p.s I swear RSPCA is there by an accident ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Jedi13

crazyFeet wrote: »
    oh, yea, and a happy pic :)

1335546307708.jpg

p.s I swear RSPCA is there by an accident ;)

gosh what a fantastic little fella!!

okay so i have stand pretty quiet whilst the storm of this thread has raged on. I would love any PM's of sellers as I am still unfortunately 'Frenchless'!

I am aware I don't have to justify myself wanting a frenchie but I want to, I fell 3 storeys from a building 3 years ago and I can't go on long walks that many other breeds need. myself and a frenchie would have about the same tolerance for distance so.

I have loved the affection and intelligence of the.breed since I was a child too and I have moved to galway for work purposes alone so it makes perfect sense.

thanks so much to everyone that has defended my decision to try to purchase one of these incredible dogs. If i was lucky enough to find one in rescue I would love to home them but unfortunately as most of you know, its pretty unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 SaleAgreed

Hi OP, it's great to see all these Frenchie posts, it's dragged me out of my lurker phase the last few days :) I have a little frenchie, he's a year old and the best thing I ever did, I love him to bits. Frenchies are awesome little guys, I think if your a dog person, everyone has their breed or breeds that they are drawn to for what reason. I would implore you to buy your puppy responsibly, not that your not going to anyway! Real Frenchie people in this country are trying so hard to keep the breed healthy and to breed dogs properly and responsibly, involving all the testing etc. to stop what has happened in other counties like the uk and US where the market is flooded with poorly bred frenchies riddled with allergies and poor confirmation, breathing issues etc. I found when I went looking for a frenchie pup, the impression I got was that it was quite 'clicky' group of people who wanted all the frenchies to themselves ha how nieve right! I now know why decent breeders guard them so closely, they are so precious and deserve to be bred properly to have a long happy life. When you have one of the snoring, farting little guys on your lap you will be glad you waited ( and parted with a crazy amount of money :/) to get the perfect one, a 'cheap' frenchie will cost you three times what you paid, in vets bills and that's just a sad fact. Good luck with getting your new baby, can't wait to see pics :)

Advertisement