Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which broadband?

• 26-02-2012 4:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

I live in Craughwell, Galway.
    My parents had a phone with Eircom years ago and haven't had one since..I recently turned 18 and I want to get a better internet connection than I have now.
    I have o2 Billpay atm and the speeds are O.K and xbox live works fantastic in all honesty. On par with a mates who lives in Galway city with Eircom...
    My only problem with o2 is the reason for this thread, I have a 15GB download allowance per month and god help me if I go over it...:eek:

I've been looking at Eircom for the last few weeks and then I heard about Vodafone's 59 Euro deal....350gig downloads, 24MB speeds and some XBL Gold thrown in.
    Perfect.

What will work best for me?
    A neighbor had Vodafone Mobile Bb and got rid after a week...they only live a 10 minute drive away and I don't want to enter a contract and end up with :mad: internet but I've heard some terrible stuff about Eircom too so I thought I'd ask here for some opinions. :)
    @Mods, I posted in Bb megathread ages ago and got no response + this is an entirely different Q to the one I posted there..
    Joseph.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

Can you get UPC in your area?

1797108590.png

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

Ranicand wrote: »
    Can you get UPC in your area?

1797108590.png

:eek:

Doubt it.
    :(

:eek:

Doubt it.
    :(

There is an address checker on the main UPC page.

Bottom right.
    http://www.upc.ie/

Apparently they cannot confirm. :/
    I'll try the Live Chat...

Apparently they cannot confirm. :/
    I'll try the Live Chat...

I doubt there will be anybody on live chat now.

I would wait until a decent hour.:)

• Advertisement

;)
    Got through to a ''Kris'' :P

Well done and can you get it?

I doubt there will be anybody on live chat now.

I would wait until a decent hour.:)
    ;)
    Got through to a ''Kris'' :P

Edit.
    Upc not here, fcuk sake!

The Vodafone thing sounds pretty good if you line quality is up to it.

Srsly going to have to go with Vodafone methinks

Srsly going to have to go with Vodafone methinks

Just remember that speed it not 24Mb it is up to 24Mb it depends on how far away from the exchange you are.

It might be a good idea to ask somebody else in your area that has the 24meg service.

• Advertisement

Just remember that speed it not 24Mb it is up to 24Mb it depends on how far away from the exchange you are.

It might be a good idea to ask somebody else in your area that has the 24meg service.

I'll call them Monday and see what they say, don't know anyone near me with it.

I'll call them Monday and see what they say, don't know anyone near me with it.

I don't like Vodafone's cust service at all.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 missielyn

I don't know if this has already been posted - if it is i can't find it - I am moving to Delgany and was wondering if anyone knew anything about the broadband in the area - our apartment is wired for eircom - but we had that in kilpedder and it keeps dropping - UPC do not provide broadband in the area. does anyone have any other suggestions?

missielyn wrote: »
    I don't know if this has already been posted - if it is i can't find it - I am moving to Delgany and was wondering if anyone knew anything about the broadband in the area - our apartment is wired for eircom - but we had that in kilpedder and it keeps dropping - UPC do not provide broadband in the area. does anyone have any other suggestions?

Yes I would suggest you don't move to an area without decent broadband.

This is not a sarcastic post I am quite serious.

Broadband has become an important utility that is becoming more important everyday.

Advertisement