Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Growing Sweet Pea

Options
  • 26-02-2012 7:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭

Had a lot of success with this last year until they started to outgrow the wire I had erected.

Anyone have a good link for getting high fencing wire?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,453 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You really don't need fencing wire the whole way up. Its handy enough low down as it gives plenty for them to attach to but once they are growing strongly a string/wire across every eight inches or so is enough, so if your support posts are high enough you could just put string/wire on the top part.

If you feel you must use netting (I don't use it at all) use it the other way on to the height you want it, just make sure your supports are a suitable width apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

You could try pea netting. It is very cheap. Lidl/Aldi are selling it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Had a lot of success with this last year until they started to outgrow the wire I had erected.

Anyone have a good link for getting high fencing wire?

Have you tried pinching the leader shoots which might encourage more new shoots lower down?

Advertisement