Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over cooker extractor unit query

• 26-02-2012 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Trying to rent property under the RAS scheme and they have asked that I connect the extractor vent to the outside via a pipe (at the moment there is no external connection just two vents at the top).

Question is why is this necessary if the hood purposely has two vents at the top making it difficult to do such a connection...could the hood have an inbuilt mechanism with no need for external connection?

Confused.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Some hoods - like mine - have the option to vent externally via ducting or to vent back into the room. In the latter case, I think different/extra filters may be required.

When I fitted my hood, I configured it to use externally venting ducting, because the other option is rubbish.

Perhaps your hood has both options.

Advertisement