Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

account hacked!!

Options
  • 26-02-2012 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭

ok so yesterday i gave my ea password and email out!!:( stupid me!!

went into my fifa ultimate team and all my players have been sold!!

my question is if i change my ea password my email password and my xbox live password will that be enough to keep them out??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

no, make sure you change every thing related to account recovery, such as alternative email, security question, phone number the lot.

and WHAT THE HELL WHERE YOU THINKING ???????? Why di you give the details out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭upinthesky

i know yesterday on adverts there was a post for free about getting coins cant beleive i fell for it ill go change everything thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Surely with the new system of signing up on Adverts this person can be caught? Things must be getting really bad if people are using Adverts now for this kind of thing. Just another thing for the mods to be on the look out for now I guess...

Hope you get your accounts sorted, at least you'll know in future to never give your info out, if it looks too good to be true it usually always is.

have to say adverts were very fast at deleting this post its only then i realized it was a scam!

changed my ea email and password

changed my widows live password
    cant seem to change my widows live id at the minute

is there still a way they can get into my xbox?

• Advertisement

You'd want to change your security question/answer too. If they checked those then they can use them to access your account again. Also make sure none of your contact details were changed. They might have done to have your details sent to them on request, alternate e-mail, contact number etc. Change all the passwords on whatever accounts you gave out and your Xbox account one too for good measure.

how do i change my security question its not asking for it and i cant find were t change it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,013 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Thread title should really be "I gave my account to someone!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

lisar816 wrote: »
    how do i change my security question its not asking for it and i cant find were t change it

Tell me the account details and I'll do it for you:Dbiggrin.gif

Meatwad wrote: »
    Tell me the account details and I'll do it for you:Dbiggrin.gif
    ha ha!! ok i just wanted to know how to make it sucure now!!

• Advertisement

Thread title should really be "I gave my account to someone!"
    ye fine i dont care as i said just want to put it right now!

who's got into my adverts account hope the mods could take a look?

someone has got into my adverts.ie account and is placing adds saying

free fifa 12 coins saying just send your password and security detail and ill tell you how

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

who's got into my adverts account hope the mods could take a look?

free fifa 12 coins saying just send your password and security detail and ill tell you how

Report that to adverts mods asap, and change those account details also.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I know its not constructive or helping in anyway but..... LOL

oh my day is getting better and better!!

have done calex but no reply at all. I even changed my password and they did it again wounder if its the same person?

go to my adverts and look at my withdrawn adds!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm thinking that there's a possibility that the ad you replied to may have been a hacked adverts account as well?

Is it possible for the advert mods to get the login IP's checked against the OPs account, to see what other accounts have been compromised?

the_syco wrote: »
    I'm thinking that there's a possibility that the ad you replied to may have been a hacked adverts account as well?

Is it possible for the advert mods to get the login IP's checked against the OPs account, to see what other accounts have been compromised?
    Never thought of that. there were also a few others that applied to this add just hope they know whats going on

could be happening to there account

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

If it was the same guy who posted on the games forum last night requesting you to send on email/password to a dodgy yahoo email address then really what did you expect?

If it was the same guy who posted on the games forum last night requesting you to send on email/password to a dodgy yahoo email address then really what did you expect?
    didnt see that!! i know its my fault just looking for advice on making my account safe and iv got that now thank you

worried about my adverts account now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Theres a flaw in xbox account security, once one person access's your account, it can be difficult to keep them out.

• Advertisement

If you haven't made sure of this already, make sure all your accounts have different passwords. If you use the same password for log ins all over the place then all they need is access to one and they can get them all. Did you figure out how to change your security question in the end? I don't know how to do it off the top of my head but it should be under your account settings somewhere. Not all of your accounts may have one but any that do make sure you change them.

If you haven't made sure of this already, make sure all your accounts have different passwords. If you use the same password for log ins all over the place then all they need is access to one and they can get them all. Did you figure out how to change your security question in the end? I don't know how to do it off the top of my head but it should be under your account settings somewhere. Not all of your accounts may have one but any that do make sure you change them.

yes i was using the same password unfortunately. I wont be making that mistake again.

No i didn't find the security question iv googled it and it says, it should just pop up but its not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Flancrest

iMuse wrote: »
    Theres a flaw in xbox account security, once one person access's your account, it can be difficult to keep them out.

Doubtful. I think the security flaw here is willingly giving out a password and email.

If you set a security question and its not showing up its possible the person you gave your information to has removed it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Flancrest wrote: »
    iMuse wrote: »

Doubtful. I think the security flaw here is willingly giving out a password and email.

If you set a security question and its not showing up its possible the person you gave your information to has removed it

You're so knowledgeable!

Vicxas wrote: »

You're so knowledgeable!

Thank you

i have emailed support so hopefully they can guide me to were i can change my security question

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

To change your windows live id question?

If it is you go to accounts.live.com and go into password reset information.

Vicxas wrote: »
    To change your windows live id question?

If it is you go to accounts.live.com and go into password reset information.
    no my ea sports fifa ultimate team security question

it was something the person wanted and i gave it to them:( the answer only

no my ea sports fifa ultimate team security question

it was something the person wanted and i gave it to them:( the answer only

Bravo!

But seriously I can get this sorted for you in 5 minutes all I need is the 16 digit number from your credit card, the expiry date and the CVM code.
    Also your address, a scanned copy of your passport, a no questions asked night with your girlfriend, 20 John Player Blue and 8 cans of Dutch.

Nice one brother

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Bravo!

But seriously I can get this sorted for you in 5 minutes all I need is the 16 digit number from your credit card, the expiry date and the CVM code.
    Also your address, a scanned copy of your passport, a no questions asked night with your girlfriend, 20 John Player Blue and 8 cans of Dutch.

Nice one brother

Very helpful, well done.

Advertisement