Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upgrading from a 3gs, any advice?

Options
  • 26-02-2012 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

hi,

i'm upgrading my 3gs to something at least. i've just tried and sent back a vodafone lumia 800 as the 'windows' wont sync locally with my outlook and other windows pc software, they want me to go on the cloud and exchange, at a cost. i'm not doing that with the business or personal stuff at present, just to upgrade my phone!!
    i was thinking of going away from apple, but after this, maybe i'll stay.
    i want to upgrade as the 3gs has been slow and sticky since the ios5 update.
    if i upgrade to the 4s, does it still sync locally with pc software like my outlook 2010 etc? the calenders/tasks/notes and email sync is very handy, especially as its not necessary to be online, this can be an issue where i am.

is siri available in ireland for the 4s? as the nokia 800 had voice commands that were definitely convincing me until the other issues cropped up.

are there any reasons i should do this upgrade or more importantly NOT do it?

at one point i was going to go MAC for everything, just for connectivity, but something meant we stayed microsoft, and when i seen the windows phone coming, and from nokia, i thought, here we go, all my issues are going to be no more, FAT CHANCE!!!

when i was trying the lumia for the couple of days, i didn't like the change if you get me?
    the live tiles were very good, but even the games i like, mahjong for instance, looked terrible in the version's available.
    i really want reliability, a good phone reception, a decent battery is another important one, email and some browsing, but connectivity and local syncing is a must for the short to medium term as regards our IT in the business. is the iphone4s the phone for me?
    or should i go more for a nokia e6 or even get a simfree nokia 701, as its O2 exclusive?

anyway, any advice is much appreciated as my head is fried!

regards,

ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,220 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Why are you not looking at any android phones?

Considering Mobile Word Congress is on next week a lot of new phones will be launching in the next few weeks. I'm afraid if you upgrade now you may be kicking yourself this time next month.
    The Sony Xperia S http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-s/ and the Samsung Nexus S are the fist of this Year's phones.

Right now today if you were to upgrade, I'd say it's still between the Galaxy S2 and the iPhone4S. Considering you have an iphone i'd say stick with it if you can't hold out for iPhone5.

You were saying o2, do you know your data allowance could change if you upgrade, not sure if your paying the bill yourself but if you are shop around.

Advertisement