Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change price plan online?

Options
  • 26-02-2012 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭

Has the option to change price plan online been removed?
    I need to go back to stadard plan, as I just realised 'night' only includes 11pm to 9am.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi cruhoortwunk,

If you go to the Start Saving section of our price plan page, and then click on Existing customer, you will see the option to change your price plan.

The same level of (price plan) discounts apply whether you are on a 24-hour or Nightsaver tariff, i.e. there are Nightsaver versions of each price plan. Customers who switch to Electric Ireland and sign up to both direct debit and online billing for instance, can receive up to 14% off either their electricity or gas, irrespective of whether they are Nightsaver customers.

Of course, there are differences in the unit/standing charges between the 24-hour and Nightsaver tariffs. The cheaper night unit rates come into effect from 11am to 8am in wintertime, and 12am to 9am in summertime. The day rate and standing charge for the Nightsaver tariff are more expensive, so you would need to be using an average of between 3 and 4 units per night to make a saving on this tariff. See here for more info.

For full details on all our unit rates, click here, and open the 'more details' section of the price plan you are interested in.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement