Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom account hassles

Options
  • 26-02-2012 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm having 'fun' with eircom accounts.

Basically I was assured and signed up to eircom last year on a 24mb ngb unlimited.

I was them up to my eyeballs in work for month. At chrismas the 'super high speeds' :rolleyes: pissed me off enough, so I called support. They sent out an engineer, who told me there was no way in hell that I could get 24mb, the best I could hope for was 10mb. Also the reason for the extreme slowness was the fact that my package was 24mb which my line couldn't handle.
    I called and was told that I would have to sign up for another year to drop to 8mb or pay €10 a month. I felt this was a tad bit unreasonable, so said that I would settle for the 24mb I was paying for instead.

Bit of to and fro'ing, a few phone calls. Calling support and accounts. Last week a girl, Nora, I think said she would drop my package and call me back, which she never did (call that is) my speeds are marginally better. But could someone check that
    (a) my package has been dropped to 8mb unlimited
    (b) that my monthly payments have been dropped and
    (c) that my end date is still the 18th of July - at which point I intend to 'upgrade' to a piece of string and 2 tins* :D

If an eircom rep pm's me I'll give him some account details

*Actually I think I'll go back to utv 8mb not uncontested, since that was the fastest I ever had

EDit: I just thought to check on my eircom, I have been dropped to 8mb, but I still need to know my end date is still the same

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi, I'm having 'fun' with eircom accounts.

Basically I was assured and signed up to eircom last year on a 24mb ngb unlimited.

I was them up to my eyeballs in work for month. At chrismas the 'super high speeds' :rolleyes: pissed me off enough, so I called support. They sent out an engineer, who told me there was no way in hell that I could get 24mb, the best I could hope for was 10mb. Also the reason for the extreme slowness was the fact that my package was 24mb which my line couldn't handle.
    I called and was told that I would have to sign up for another year to drop to 8mb or pay €10 a month. I felt this was a tad bit unreasonable, so said that I would settle for the 24mb I was paying for instead.

Bit of to and fro'ing, a few phone calls. Calling support and accounts. Last week a girl, Nora, I think said she would drop my package and call me back, which she never did (call that is) my speeds are marginally better. But could someone check that
    (a) my package has been dropped to 8mb unlimited
    (b) that my monthly payments have been dropped and
    (c) that my end date is still the 18th of July - at which point I intend to 'upgrade' to a piece of string and 2 tins* :D

If an eircom rep pm's me I'll give him some account details

*Actually I think I'll go back to utv 8mb not uncontested, since that was the fastest I ever had

EDit: I just thought to check on my eircom, I have been dropped to 8mb, but I still need to know my end date is still the same

Hi smallBiscuit,

If you PM mw with your telephone number or account number I can check that out for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 9 nemo26

I am having huge problems with eircom as well. Logged a complaint at end of last year to cancel my broadband. Without my consent eircom set up a new account for me (without broadband) and also applied a different call package to my account. I logged a futher complaint but the responder refused to answer me in writing & only after requested her to put me through to her manager resonded by email. No resolution to my complaint & eircom is now also not resonding to further queries.

Meanwhile I am getting solicitors/threatening letters from eircom. Why should I pay for a service I didn't request.

What do I do next?

nemo26 wrote: »
    I am having huge problems with eircom as well. Logged a complaint at end of last year to cancel my broadband. Without my consent eircom set up a new account for me (without broadband) and also applied a different call package to my account. I logged a futher complaint but the responder refused to answer me in writing & only after requested her to put me through to her manager resonded by email. No resolution to my complaint & eircom is now also not resonding to further queries.

Meanwhile I am getting solicitors/threatening letters from eircom. Why should I pay for a service I didn't request.

What do I do next?

Hi nemo26,

Can you send me a private message with your old eircom account number and the one you said was set up in error and I will look into the history and previous complaint.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cookie14

Hi, I'm having more less the same issue as smallBuscuits. I signed up with Eircom 2.5 years ago and complained by phone several times that I was not receiving the speed near what I had purchased ie 7mb.

Just recently I met a sales rep for Eircom and explained about my issue. He carried out a speed test with his Eircom device and advised me that I am only able to receive up to 3 mb in my area. Furthermore, he said that I should have never been sold this in the first place.

I than got back on to Eircom to inform them of the situation and asked if I could go on the 3 mb with unlimited download off peak package. Their customer service agent said that I would have to sign up to another 12 month contract with them to which I replied that I can get the same package as I have now from Vodaphone for nearly half the price to which he replied "sorry to hear that."

Surely this cannot be correct........ any advice

Cookie14 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm having more less the same issue as smallBuscuits. I signed up with Eircom 2.5 years ago and complained by phone several times that I was not receiving the speed near what I had purchased ie 7mb.

Just recently I met a sales rep for Eircom and explained about my issue. He carried out a speed test with his Eircom device and advised me that I am only able to receive up to 3 mb in my area. Furthermore, he said that I should have never been sold this in the first place.

I than got back on to Eircom to inform them of the situation and asked if I could go on the 3 mb with unlimited download off peak package. Their customer service agent said that I would have to sign up to another 12 month contract with them to which I replied that I can get the same package as I have now from Vodaphone for nearly half the price to which he replied "sorry to hear that."

Surely this cannot be correct........ any advice

Hi Cookie14,

If you would like to PM me me with your telephone number and i will look into the speed capability.

Apologies for the manner in which you were spoken to by the agent. I will address all the issues after checking your account / line.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement