Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A nickname for my eco-friendly car?

Options
  • 26-02-2012 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,
    I know this isn't exactly the most suited forum, but it's the best I could find. I'm entering a competition to win a brand new all electric Nissan LEAF.
    It requires me to come up with a witty nickname for the car. In the name, there has to be some sort of reference to it's 'greeness', eg. Green Gertrude.

I would really really appreciate if someone could help me as I'm lost! :eek:

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

So you want us to do the work for you, so you can apparently win a car?

...why don't you link me to the competition? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭UrbanMonkey

Leeg17 wrote: »
    So you want us to do the work for you, so you can apparently win a car?

...why don't you link me to the competition? ;)

Yeah I knew it would sound bad, but I'm just looking for some help!
    Well unless you have collected 10 tokens from The Irish Independent over the past 2 weeks or so, you can't enter!
    I would really appreciate some help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 uumotor

Oh, great. Like green to make earth more healthy. If use use electric motor vehicle to replace the gas egine car. Air will be more fresh.

uumotor wrote: »
    Oh, great. Like green to make earth more healthy. If use use electric motor vehicle to replace the gas egine car. Air will be more fresh.

Yeah, that's the idea! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

I have a fab name for it but I want a cut!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Leaf mulch or the compostonator.

I have a fab name for it but I want a cut!! ;)

I would be up for doing something like that.. But in fairness, the name you have could be ****.
    I'm an honest man though, if I do end up using your name I genuinely would give you a few hundred euro.
    I'm posting it 2moro, because the closing date is March 2nd (Friday). A family member came up with a really catchy name earlier today and I foolishly wrote it on the form. I should have waited until 2moro morning! :(
    So even if your one is brilliant or not I don't think I can change it because I don't want there to be any reason for them not to accept my entry.. if you know what I mean. :cool:
    Thanks anyway mate! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

^^^^^^^^^^
    So, tell us, did you win? :D

I don't seem to have, anyway, as no-one's been in touch with the good news?

Or was any winner ever announced?

Sadly, I didn't win. :(

As far as I know there was no winner announced..

Imagine just getting the letter through the door one of these days! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭EoC

Hello All,

I've sent an email to Nissan at sales@nissan.ie but they refuse to reply. The last time was at the end of April where they promised to announce a winner but nothing as of yet. Tried the phone number 1850 302 302 but nobody answered. It's a bit of a joke really.

Maybe someone else could give them a call.

• Advertisement

EoC wrote: »
    Hello All,

I've sent an email to Nissan at sales@nissan.ie but they refuse to reply. The last time was at the end of April where they promised to announce a winner but nothing as of yet. Tried the phone number 1850 302 302 but nobody answered. It's a bit of a joke really.

Maybe someone else could give them a call.

Hey, thanks for letting us know. I will definitely be following that up! :eek:
    Is that number for The Independent or Nissan?

This competition was run by the Irish Independent, not Nissan.

A number of questions about the competition submitted via Twitter to Nissan have also gone unanswered. Again, it was the Indo, not Nissan that ran the competition. (I have no affiliations with the Indo or Nissan, just pointing this out).

Nissan did respond to a question on Facebook to say that no decision had been made by the Indo yet (this was back in May).

The terms and conditions stated that the winner would be contacted by April 6 last.

However, the Ts & Cs also stated that a right was reserved to run a further stage of the competition if no outright winner could be found and also, crucially:

16. The promoters reserve the right in their absolute discretion to disqualify any entry, competitor, or nominee, to add to, or waive any rule without prior notice to the entrant and, in the event of circumstances beyond their control, to cancel the competition at any stage.

As you've probably guessed, I'm watching this one with interest too ;)

Winner of the Irish Independent Nissan Leaf competition was announced on Nissan's Facebook page back in June.

jprboy wrote: »
    Winner of the Irish Independent Nissan Leaf competition was announced on Nissan's Facebook page back in June.

I'm not on facebook man. Would you be able to tell me the name of the person that won, please?

jprboy wrote: »

I just had a look. It's not there.. ?

I'm not on facebook man. Would you be able to tell me the name of the person that won, please?
    I just had a look. It's not there.. ?

I'm not a Facebook user either but you can still view details.

It WAS on the Nissan Leaf Facebook page but it's gone for some reason.......

However, the Farming Independent linked to the entry so you can see the details here (scroll down to June 19):

http://www.facebook.com/TheFarmingIndependent?sk=app_190322544333196

Also, it doesn't say what name the winner chose for the car. Would be interesting to know it.

Advertisement