Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remington 700 VSF

Options
  • 26-02-2012 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I finally got a licence substitution and picked up a brand new Remington 700 VSF .223 last week. She is the tan coloured HS precision stock version ( I think this model was discontinued in 2008) God the extra weight on the heavy fluted barrel makes a huge difference to accuracy . I had it zeroed in perfect in 15 mins after shooting about 5 groups of 5 shots. Even without getting on the bulls eye, the first five shots I took at 100 yards were just under a half inch group, and down to a quarter inch there after. Delighted with the gun. Should have changed to the heavy barrel long ago. I had the Remmie Sps (with standard light barrel) in .223 before this , and there is no comparison. The extra weight of the heavy barrel is worth the hassle of lugging about the VSF model , no question. These are seriously accurate rifles and make average shooters like me seem good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cushcam

that's good to hear as i'll be buying a VSF in a couple of months although right now i'm torn between .223 and 220 swift

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭leupold90

A simple improvement that makes a big difference is to install a custom trigger..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Gonzor

cushcam wrote: »
    that's good to hear as i'll be buying a VSF in a couple of months although right now i'm torn between .223 and 220 swift

Id be going 220 if I was you ;)

I had a VSSF once, was a great rifle. Mine was a tan colour too (which I hated) so I ended up spraying it green. I loved that rifle. Im actually on the market for a new rifle at the min, and if I could afford a VSSF Id snap it up in the morning.

Advertisement