Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to change battery on Risco Wireless Sensor

Options
  • 26-02-2012 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi,

My folks have a house alarm that has these Risco wireless sensors as shock sensors.

The battery needs to be replaced in one of the sensors but I cannot for the life of me open the sensor.

Can someone tell me the trick/knack?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Depends on what sensor it is.
    Some of them are mounted on a base.
    If that case the unit slides off leaving the base on the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Gavin1 wrote: »
    Hi,

My folks have a house alarm that has these Risco wireless sensors as shock sensors.

The battery needs to be replaced in one of the sensors but I cannot for the life of me open the sensor.

Can someone tell me the trick/knack?

Thanks.

Looking where you see the light, at the bottom of this is the release in the middle for the top cover. Between the lid and the middle base there is a lip on the middle cover. Using a flat head screw driver carefully prise the lid out, only a fraction as you will break lip under this that holds on the lid if you go to far. You will see what I mean when doing this.
    When you have it prised out a fraction you will feel the lip that holds on the cover. Then without a screw driver the lid should come off the rest of the way.

Any problems let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Gavin1

Cool, thanks for the advice.

This worked a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Gavin1 wrote: »
    Cool, thanks for the advice.

This worked a treat.

Your welcome, any other problems let us know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 grayman

Hi guys,

Sorry for jumping on this post but does any one know this, my aunt has a Risco wisdom wireless alarm and it's showing a fault and I checked its BL on pir so I'm gonna change the battery so my question is will this clear the fault or will she have to get the company who fit it to clear it.

Thanks in advance lads

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Change the battery & activate the device to make sure the panel gets the closed signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 grayman

KoolKid wrote: »
    Change the battery & activate the devise to make sure the panel gets the closed signal.

Cheers KoolKid. All sorted thanks for reply

Advertisement