Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RGH 2.0 is coming!

• 26-02-2012 3:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Team Xecuter is preparing something new along with Demon. What are your thoughts on this?
    The newly formed RGH Development Team at Xecuter HQ are proud to announce that all Phat consoles have now been defeated and are totally glitch-able without having a previous NAND dump or CPU KEY (the same applies to Slim Trinity that have been updated to 14717/14719) !

Codenamed RGH 2.0, new features introduced:
    * Hack now works on new CB's (14717/14719 update)
    * Hack now works with all Refurbished Split CB's (4577, 5772, 6752)
    - Zephyr CB 4577, 4575
    - Falcon/Opus CB 5772, 5773
    - Jasper CB 6752, 6753
    - Trinity (Slim) CB 9230

To confirm, we can now glitch Phats with any kernel and any bootloader. As soon as you have your CPU KEY, and you are using an Xecuter DemoN you will ALWAYS be able to switch to a fully hacked NAND and it can never be stopped no matter what update you apply and no matter which efuses are blown !

We will be helping the J-Runner team to implement all of the new code which will allow you to build a patched ecc for any Phat NAND / Kernel / Bootloader.

The Xenon RGH hack will also be released however the quality of glitching seems to be as poor as the infamous Zephyr. No doubt once its out there users can tweak away at it and get some better results, the feeling here is that it's time wasted at the moment when we should be working on Corona. Currently it's a "repair" method at best to rescue DVD keys.

This is a new style of RGH hack (hence RGH 2.0) and there will be a new JED file, changes to the CoolRunner design, changes to the QSB's and possibly new install methods (we'll also show you how to change your older version TX CoolRunner to be compatible with the new hack, and initial tests have shown that other cheaper versions of RGH hardware will not work at all).

Work on fine tuning the hack is currently ongoing to make it as solid as possible, however we hope to have everything ready asap.

Members of our team are also working hard on the new Slim Corona model and can tell you that great progress has made made there too. We'll just say that we feel bad for anyone who paid good money for any glitch mod that was advertised as being "Corona Ready".

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Great work from TX, Microsoft should just accept defeat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

justryan wrote: »
    Microsoft should just accept defeat

Half of the fun though is in the chase. No RGH console is safe on XBL, so in my mind, MS have won the battle - XBL is all they really care about. They've also managed to make it such a headache for those with flashed drives, you really have to ask yourself is it worth the hassle.

I think MS definitely have the upper hand. Jtags & RGH consoles are solely of any use offline.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Microsoft should just accept defeat

Half of the fun though is in the chase. No RGH console is safe on XBL, so in my mind, MS have won the battle - XBL is all they really care about. They've also managed to make it such a headache for those with flashed drives, you really have to ask yourself is it worth the hassle.

I think MS definitely have the upper hand. Jtags & RGH consoles are solely of any use offline.

Just goes to show that all the security updates and new hardware revisions are futile, once their console is in the public domain and in the hands of hackers there's little they can do as far as securing it.

Your right Xbox Live is not entirely safe but the DemoN seems to be the way forward and dual nand systems will be commonplace soon, giving you the best of both worlds.

Just goes to show that all the security updates and new hardware revisions are futile, once their console is in the public domain and in the hands of hackers there's little they can do as far as securing it.

But the consoles are secured from XBL, I'd say thats their main objective. I think offline modding isn't concern enough to warrant big r&d solutions. Basically jtag's & rgh's probably arn't worth the potential gain they'd see by securing them.
    justryan wrote:
    Your right Xbox Live is not entirely safe but the DemoN seems to be the way forward and dual nand systems will be commonplace soon, giving you the best of both worlds.

Yes it's the best of both worlds in that you have it all in one console. But you still can't use the stock nand for anything other than stock use, piracy & XBL still don't go together. It's as good as having two consoles in one, & is as convenient, but security wise online useage is still secured, & that's really all that matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

IMHO if you want hacked console and play live at the same time have two consoles. Only way to keep you jtag/rgh safe, and tbh fair to the the rest of the players. With those dual nands, demons etc it is only matter of time that we will see modded lobbies etc and othe haxor stuff.

Fair play to justryan for doing dual nand though with sandwich method, good achievement.

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »

But the consoles are secured from XBL, I'd say thats their main objective. I think offline modding isn't concern enough to warrant big r&d solutions. Basically jtag's & rgh's probably arn't worth the potential gain they'd see by securing them.
    justryan wrote:

Yes it's the best of both worlds in that you have it all in one console. But you still can't use the stock nand for anything other than stock use, piracy & XBL still don't go together. It's as good as having two consoles in one, & is as convenient, but security wise online useage is still secured, & that's really all that matters.

Yeah I see your point there, I think Xbox Live as it is is a great service as it is and they have gone to great lengths to stop modded lobbies etc which I would have no interest in.

docentore wrote: »
    IMHO if you want hacked console and play live at the same time have two consoles. Only way to keep you jtag/rgh safe, and tbh fair to the the rest of the players. With those dual nands, demons etc it is only matter of time that we will see modded lobbies etc and othe haxor stuff.

Fair play to justryan for doing dual nand though with sandwich method, good achievement.

Thanks doc, I will throw up a mod log sooner or later it might be waste of time with the DemoN come out soon. It works great and cost me about €3 for some DPDT switches and I got the nand from a dead xenon.

Yeah I see your point there, I think Xbox Live as it is is a great service as it is and they have gone to great lengths to stop modded lobbies etc which I would have no interest in.

It is a solid service, I'd say the revenue is massive from it too. I think to be fair you could say the hackers are winning [won] the offline battle. The online battle is safely non existent thankfully.
    Thanks doc, I will throw up a mod log sooner or later it might be waste of time with the DemoN come out soon. It works great and cost me about €3 for some DPDT switches and I got the nand from a dead xenon.

Ah throw it up, even if its superseded by the DemoN, it's not at all a waste of time. Some serious skill needed to do it

I'll get the pictures off my iPhone :D just out of interest how to I change the size of an image when it's embedded in the post?

I'll get the pictures off my iPhone :D just out of interest how to I change the size of an image when it's embedded in the post?

I upload them to Tinypic & select resize for 640x480 - forum size I think :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭scottp68877

There is a good app to upload pictures for the iPhone called "picup".

There is a good app to upload pictures for the iPhone called "picup".

Ah cool I'll check it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

my money says MS will be mimicking Sony's security approach next time round, using keys and the ecdsa encryption algorithm technique :D

Advertisement