Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toronto soocer 2012 [Manager/Players required]

Options
  • 26-02-2012 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi all,

My club in Toronto is looking for a new manager for the coming season which starts in May. We are good side that has been promoted now in successive seasons after being formed only recently and we have now reached the Premier League of the TSSL for the first time.

We are looking for a manager with a lot of enthusiasm for the game and idea of how you would like the team to play in terms of tactics. The team is made up of Irish, English and Scottish players for the most part. We are great bunch of lads and the job would represent a good way to for somebody to integrate quickly into the city or meet new people if you are already established here.

Also, the team will be looking to add some experienced players who have played a good level at home and are interested in playing in the TSSL Premier league this season. There will a few trial/training sessions coming up for anyone who is interested in checking it out. Please PM me for further details and to express an interest in getting involved in the coming season!

Thanks,

Jimmy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Jimmmy McNulty

Great response so far to this on the PM's! Just want to keep it in the public eye in case people didn't get a chance to read it the day I posted it up! Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 almc4

Hi

I've just arrived in Toronto and am looking to get involved in a team. I'd like to play in the top flight as I played at a high level back in Ireland. Are there still some spots available in your squad?

Thanks
    Albert

almc4 wrote: »
    Hi

I've just arrived in Toronto and am looking to get involved in a team. I'd like to play in the top flight as I played at a high level back in Ireland. Are there still some spots available in your squad?

Thanks
    Albert

Good stuff Albert! Yeah we still have a few spots available. We will be starting to train on Saturday March 24th for the upcoming season. We plan on having a few drinks afterwards to get to know the new lads we have coming on board. We will be training on astro intially and moving to grass as the weather gets better. We have a great group of lads so you'll get to meet new people straight away and make a few connections for finding work, etc..

We train well, play to win and like our nights out as well! PM me your e-mail address there and I will add you to the mailing list for our upcoming training session.

Cheers,

Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy. It sounds good. I'm looking forward to getting involved. Do you know when the season starts? I may have another friend arriving over soon. He's played League of Ireland so he'd be a great addition. I'll PM you my email address now.

Thanks Jimmy. It sounds good. I'm looking forward to getting involved. Do you know when the season starts? I may have another friend arriving over soon. He's played League of Ireland so he'd be a great addition. I'll PM you my email address now.

The season starts in the latter half of May and runs all Summer. It's great over here playing in the sunny weather for a change!

Bring your friend along as well when he arrives over. He like the sound of that! Anyone who has played regularly at a decent level at home will find their feet over here no bother. Got your PM there and added you to the mailing list. Will give you a shout in the mean time so you can meet a few of the lads on a night out seeing as your new over here!

Jimmy

• Advertisement

I like the sound of a few beers. Cheers. Talk to you soon

I like the sound of a few beers. Cheers. Talk to you soon

Good man! Chat to ya later. I think the club secretary just sent you through all the registration details for the season ahead so you should be good to go then.

Jimmy

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Toronto10

When you say decent level Jimmy what level would you be talking?

Toronto10 wrote: »
    When you say decent level Jimmy what level would you be talking?

Just talking about playing Saturday/Sunday league at home. I'm no world beater myself but I did play regularly at home. I played middle division leinster senior league. There is a real range of player level over here! You'll fit in I'm sure! Its good fun in the Summer. Let me know if your interested and I can PM you details of our first training. If you don't like it after that, there's no obligation on you and it will be a good way to meet people if your interested in that. Cheers!

Jimmy

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Toronto10

Just talking about playing Saturday/Sunday league at home. I'm no world beater myself but I did play regularly at home. I played middle division leinster senior league. There is a real range of player level over here! You'll fit in I'm sure! Its good fun in the Summer. Let me know if your interested and I can PM you details of our first training. If you don't like it after that, there's no obligation on you and it will be a good way to meet people if your interested in that. Cheers!

Jimmy

Sounds good Jimmy,

Can you PM me the details if you don't mind? I played Sunday league at home but been here for 18 months now and haven't kicked a ball since the day I left....Fitness and touch could be long gone but sure it won't get any better sitting on the couch at home!

• Advertisement

Toronto10 wrote: »
    Sounds good Jimmy,

Can you PM me the details if you don't mind? I played Sunday league at home but been here for 18 months now and haven't kicked a ball since the day I left....Fitness and touch could be long gone but sure it won't get any better sitting on the couch at home!

Hey,

Just PM'd you there now. Sorry for the delay. Been sick lately! Don't worry about not playing in a while. Most people haven't kicked a ball much over the Winter anyway so you'll be in the same boat more or less on March 24th! Like you say, better than sitting around!

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Hi Jimmy,

PM sent! Would love to know the details of the 24th. Cheers!

Kimia wrote: »
    Hi Jimmy,

PM sent! Would love to know the details of the 24th. Cheers!

Got back to you there. The details of the 24th are that our first training session will take place on that day from 4.30pm to 6pm on the astro pitch at St.Michaels College which is right beside St.Clair West subway station.

The team will go for a few drinks afterwards then. Please PM me if you plan on going so that I have an idea of numbers, etc..

Advertisement