Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone buy a Northern Diver drysuit recently?

• 26-02-2012 3:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭

Looking at reviews of ND, it appears that they were really good a few years back.

Has anyone bought one of their drysuits in the last year, and if so are you happy with it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

I guess that answers your question.......:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

Bought a voyager suit last year through a 3rd party. He was meant to change the boots for me, but took months to sort out, during which time i used it to dive. After 10 months i got a hold of him, but ND refused to do any changes at that stage. Stuck with boots now at least 2 sizes too big. On the plus side, it has certainly kept me warm and dry on 40 odd dives. 600stg for dry suit, undersuit, mask and fins. If i had it to do again i would get an o3 suit custom fitted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Thanks for the reply!

I was wondering if the quality is still up to snuff.

ND seems to get slated on the UK based Scuba forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

Yeah, o3 gets a lot of love, Northern Diver gets a lot of hatred. The o3 stand at the dive show a few weeks ago in city north was doing a roaring trade. I have had good service from my suit in terms of being kept warm and dry, and at a substantially lower cost than a lot of other manufacturers. I got mine from a local chap who got it from divers warehouse, who got it from northern diver lol
    So i havent had any direct contact with ND themselves to truthfully say what they are like, bit of a mess truth be told, partly of my own making.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭sunshinediver

Bought a ND Divemaster early last year, can't fault it, no leaks so far, 70 dives and counting. Very comfortable suit, fits like a glove and very warm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement