Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nationwide tour - Best venues?

Options
  • 26-02-2012 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi folks.
    I am a young Passionate and Dedicated Irish/Modern Folk artist based in Dublin. To date, I have written my 4 track debut EP, which I hope to launch in mid/late April.
    I accompanied by a number if session musicians.

After the launch, I am hoping to do a nationwide tour of my original music across the country (if not close to it) in the summer.
    I would be grateful if any folk can recommend any small venues that would be suffice to play, or if you happen to know a local haunt in your local towns that put out for original music/artists.

Please keep me posted. Much appreciated.

Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,701 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

For Galway, Roisin Dubh is probably your best bet.

Dublin could be tricky, most venues are suited for more rock genre music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭salfordlad

Cheers pal. I beleive Rousing Dubh is a must. As for Dublin, I have my selected venues at hand.
    So it's basically looking at counties/towns outside Dublin. I am aware of The Stables in Mullingar, Dolans in Limerick,.Roisin Dubh in Galway, and my few haunts about Dublin.
    So again, keep the suggestions coming folks. Much Appreciated.

Thanks again!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭windingo

Hi, I don't know if you were planning on coming to the North but there is a place in Armagh called the Marketplace Theatre, they tend to hold smaller events everything from folk to blues nights to plays ect. http://www.marketplacearmagh.com/
    Also in Belfast there is a great pub where alot of folk bands play called The Kitchen Bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭salfordlad

Good Stuff Windingo.
    I am very much open to play any venue across the island as a whole.
    I know the Kitchen (opposite the PSNI base?) Been there a few times. Terry Hooley often DJs there.
    And i'll check out the place in Armagh.
    Thanks again pal.

Advertisement