Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

35 and on the shelf

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I'm 25 but am one of those people who's never been in a (romantic) relationship. I dont seem to be cut out for it, i've never imagined what it would be like or factored there being a significant other in my life in any of my thoughts about the future! (ever!) so i can see me being 35 and on the shelf, though if i or the op genuinely have something to offer someone through a relationship (and i'm sure there are plenty of things) it might be worth making an effort? Its about what you want and what you have to offer (in equal proportions?)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a ****ing big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed- interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of ****ing fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing sprit- crushing game shows, stuffing ****ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing you last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, ****ed-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

My hope is by the time I'm 35 I'll have a few kids running around!
    If that's all you're after then I'm sure we can sort that out for you, no bother - when do you want to get started?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

I tried to make friends with the OP (on page 3) as Im in the same boat, guess its forever alone land Im emigrating to :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

stovelid wrote: »
    Taking heroin will make you feel a lot better.

Like in that documentary - Trainspotting

20 and 364/365th!

21 and 0/365 now. Happy Birthday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    I'm 25 but am one of those people who's never been in a (romantic) relationship. I dont seem to be cut out for it, i've never imagined what it would be like or factored there being a significant other in my life in any of my thoughts about the future! (ever!) so i can see me being 35 and on the shelf, though if i or the op genuinely have something to offer someone through a relationship (and i'm sure there are plenty of things) it might be worth making an effort? Its about what you want and what you have to offer (in equal proportions?)

Is this jibberish for you're ugly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

darokane wrote: »
    Is this jibberish for you're ugly?

to answer your question... 'no' :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

35 and on the shelf.
    Anyone else feel like that?
    My friends are either married with kids and a mortgage, or emigrating.
    Everyone my age I meet has either had kids or a failed relationship.
    Its rare to find someone who doesn't have kids, debt, a negative equity property, or emotional baggage.
    Facebooking your old friends in Australia just isn't the same as seeing them.
    What are your options, waiting until 10.00pm to go out then binge drink until 2.00am? That's modern Irish culture for you.
    People are just trying to depress their senses with excess drinking to cover up their insecurities, and cope with the pressures.
    Its like everyone you meet talks about the recession, or emigrating.

Havent read thread but if by the age of 35 you have not had a failed relationship (but have wanted one), then that is by itself emotional baggage. So no one can possibly meet your requirements.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Hard too believe anyone would stay in Ireland if they are single. I'm nearly 40 and have spent 15 years of my life living all around the world. Get our ffs there is nothing worth staying here for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Dubit10 wrote: »
    Hard too believe anyone would stay in Ireland if they are single. I'm nearly 40 and have spent 15 years of my life living all around the world. Get our ffs there is nothing worth staying here for.

It is a bleak place now. I was in London at the weekend and the positive vibe in the place is some contrast to the vibe around Dublin.

Off to NY myself in a few weeks for a break, then packing in my job here before I head off to Poland for the Euros, amongst other things. Will look into work in July and if there is nothing suitable, I will be going abroad. Having no ties (financial or personal) to Ireland at the moment is a blessing, imo.

Unless you're putting away good money every month, fek off travelling.. Nothing worse than living for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Learn to talk about car insurance. That's all everyone seems to talk about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

im 34 in 2 weeks...... still single..........im hopelessly bad at chatting up women :(

a woman having kids from another relationship wouldn't bother me as it seems to bother the OP though. Provided she didnt have too many kids. one or two kids wouldnt bother me.

Just cos you have kids shouldnt mean your social life should end. there is many hot women out there that i know that have kids.

We've all had failed relationships at one time or another in our lives... using that as an excuse to not date a certain woman is kinda lame... for a start you don't know the circumstances as to why they spilt.... may be her ex cheated, or used to beat her, or discovered he was gay or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

20 and 184/365th, touche!
    20 and 364/365th!

Ach. yiz are only kids.:rolleyes::p

Advertisement