Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do calls from land line (ireland) to an Australian mobile cost?

Options
  • 26-02-2012 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

The other day I called my sister in australia from my landline house phone (Ireland). I stayed on for twelve minutes and now my dad is going crazy because I did this. He said it could cost up to 500 euro. I really really need to know how much this call would cost because I don't know how I'm going to pay for it. Please reply if you know anything at all about international rates from land line to mobile :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,220 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'd say no more than €20 for the call, You should really use an app like skype or something like that for calling him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 shinigamidani

Yes I think so too but he keeps saying it's going to be 50-500 euro and he won't listen to reason. We're with eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Eircom's price list is here:

http://www.eircom.ie/About/Activities/Sn1_pt2.pdf

Australia is band 7. The price is either 87c, 70c or 45c per minute depending on the time of your call. So the maximum charge for a 12 minute call should be around €10.

blaz wrote: »
    Eircom's price list is here:

http://www.eircom.ie/About/Activities/Sn1_pt2.pdf

Australia is band 7. The price is either 87c, 70c or 45c per minute depending on the time of your call. So the maximum charge for a 12 minute call should be around €10.

does that mean mobiles too?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

does that mean mobiles too?

How about you read the price list? If you would have done that *before* making the call, you wouldn't be panicking now.

And yes, it does include mobiles. The price list splits out band 7 (Australia) and band 7a (specific numbers in Australia, which seems to include mobiles), but that doesn't matter as the price for both is exactly the same.

• Advertisement

Thank you.

Advertisement