Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving O2, help with new phone please?

Options
  • 26-02-2012 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Mightily fed up with O2 lately so I'm switching in the next week or two, I'll probably move to Vodafone so I'm looking for some recommendations for a nice phone.

Preferably a touch screen with at least a 5mp camera, wi-fi connectivity, I'd like to use facebook on the go and be able to get my yahoo email's easily. Other than that I'm not too bothered. I had a HTC Desire and stupidly let it go because of the lack of storage, I'd be happy to take something like it again but I'd like to get some opinions on it.

Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to the replies!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Samsung Galaxy S II would seem to meet your needs.

The phone is free on the 40 EUR plan with 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Samsung galaxy nexus on Vodafone is a good device too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭thenashlegend

Oh sorry I should have said I'm looking for prepay phones, I usually only spend 20 or 30 a month so I dont want to go to bill pay again!
    The nexus looks lovely alright, but I'm sure it will be fairly expensive on prepay plans. Ideally I wouldnt want to spend over 300 as I tend to change pretty often! :) Would any Blackberry fall into this category?

The 9860 is a great full touchscreen BlackBerry with no physical keyboard and is 359 on vodafone pre pay. The 9360 has a small screen with a physical keyboard and isn't too bad depending on what you want to do (no good for gaming) and is 260 on vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭niallharty

Three don't sell Blackberries... But in my opinion you should by an o2 prepay upgrade before you leave and move to three because 3's phones are expensive but they have the best deal for prepay.
    This phone the Sony ericsson xperia Arc has €50 off online for an upgrade along with an extra €10 through Fatcheese.ie

http://www.o2online.ie/o2/shop/phones/sony-ericsson-xperia-arc-lt15i-silver-special-offer/148/

the 3pay (prepay) deal is €20 a month which gives you free texts to any network, free any network calls at the weekend and unlimited free internet!

Hope this helped

• Advertisement

I rarely play games on the phone, just calls, texts, emails, web browsing and facebook! :)

niallharty wrote: »
    the 3pay (prepay) deal is €20 a month which gives you free texts to any network, free any network calls at the weekend and unlimited free internet!

Hope this helped

Sounds like a great deal but I was with three before and found them to be a complete pain to deal with, the main issue was coverage around my area so I'd be weary of going down that road again.

I rarely play games on the phone, just calls, texts, emails, web browsing and facebook! :)

Blackberry will be great for all that but while 3 sell and support blackberry's they dont for pre pay customers as of yet.

Thanks for the replies, will this 9360 be a good buy for the next few months or even year? I bought the HTC Desire but it was really let down on storage and the software meant that only certain apps could be transferred to an SD card which was a pain. The amount of times I nearly hopped it off a wall because it warned me of low disk space!!:mad: Fair enough it warned me but it was a pain when I couldnt transfer the apps that caused the problems.

Device should be fine for apps but it all depends on how many you intend on installing. I've not heard of anyone complaining of lack of app storage. It runs OS 7 which you can upgrade to 7.1 to get some extra features. It's a smooth OS and as always BlackBerry's are first rate at email and getting things done (in my mind anyway). BlackBerry app world is here if you want to browse it:
    http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/appworld/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Thanks for the replies, will this 9360 be a good buy for the next few months or even year? I bought the HTC Desire but it was really let down on storage and the software meant that only certain apps could be transferred to an SD card which was a pain. The amount of times I nearly hopped it off a wall because it warned me of low disk space!!:mad: Fair enough it warned me but it was a pain when I couldnt transfer the apps that caused the problems.
    Why change phones so often. Surely smartphones should last you 2-3 years?.

Why change phones so often. Surely smartphones should last you 2-3 years?.

The answer was pretty much there, I bought the Desire but the storage was ridiculously bad. It was telling me everyday that it was low on storage but it wouldnt allow me to move only certain apps to the SD card! So I changed for an iPhone, but now I'm having endless problems with coverage! I've had phones for years before without any issues but its just gone to hell lately!:mad:
    I dont want to be throwing money out every few months but I cant afford to be missing calls and having to apologise for O2's bad service!

Advertisement