Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beatbox battle

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Do people just ignore anything that is not American or Polish? (with few exceptions)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

never been impressed by beat boxing.

you realize that this forum covers the spectrum, we have people who listen to irish, polish and american.
    i dont understand why you feel the need to pummel people in the head with what you think it is we should be listening to.

its like you avoid american, then mention your avoiding it, just to prove your some sort of super fan.

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    never been impressed by beat boxing.

Really?
    Out of all the elements I love it - "enough beats, still everyone wants to beatbox".

(this is a forum….)

ye never been impressed.

EDIT:
    (this is a forum….)

What?

• Advertisement

ye never been impressed.

Fair enough.

Do you like DJs, Graffiti or breakdancing? (just curious, again this is a forum)

(The forum comment was because you seem to think I have some anti-american agenda for some reason)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Do people just ignore anything that is not American or Polish? (with few exceptions)

conor it's 16 minutes long, i watched about 6 minutes of it and it wasn't great, you shouldn't take it so to heart when people don't comment on videos, doesn't mean they arent getting watched you know?

Fair enough.

Do you like DJs, Graffiti or breakdancing? (just curious, again this is a forum)
    not really no, i love rap music, been a fan of black music all my life, rap i suppose was the natural progression.
    im not immersed in the whole culture though.

not really no, i love rap music, been a fan of black music all my life, rap i suppose was the natural progression.

Fair enough.

Fair enough.

(The forum comment was because you seem to think I have some anti-american agenda for some reason)
    i feel your anti main stream, which by definition is american, to a big extent, i personally cant understand that.

• Advertisement

what about you conor, the whole culture, obviously beat boxing, but break dancing, dj's etcetera?

i feel your anti main stream, which by definition is american, to a big extent, i personally cant understand that.

Eh are Dre, Eminem, Gang starr, Dmx and PE anti-mainstream? (songs i posted in the song a day thread recently)
    what about you conor, the whole culture, obviously beat boxing, but break dancing, dj's etcetera?

I like it all but mainly the music and within that mainly the rapping (I prefer lyrics in general) I am not particularly a beatbox fan tbh, I like it when I hear some good beatboxing though.

Eh are Dre, Eminem, Gang starr, Dmx and PE anti-mainstream? (songs i posted in the song a day thread recently)
    my bad, i dont check that thread daily.
    seems you talk more about ihh, maybe because that as a fan your defending it because we spend more time discussing ihh than anything else i suppose.

I discuss IHH a bit because people only pay attention to the comedy acts or really new (average) acts and then ignore or call the rest crap which I think is not fair.

I would "defend" my favorite artist from any other country too.

i would and have defend artists i like, so in that respect i see where your coming from.

i disagree though about the comedy acts, i dislike them because they satire a genre i love.
    and genuinely, i dont think we discuss it a lot, i do remember having a discussion when the rubberbandits had that song out maybe last year, cant remember who it was that defended them, and claimed they were hip hop, but i was shocked.

and claimed they were hip hop, but i was shocked.

Well they rap and are quite funny, I don't mind them it is good to have a bit of comedy some of the time.

they do rap, and they were initially funny, afraid they are not hip hip though.

afraid they are not hip hip though.

:D Well that would be the whole Krs-one thing again wouldn't it.

your hip hop fan card is revoked if you claim the rubberbandits are hip hop.:D

Ditto Drake…. :)

• Advertisement

ive had mine more than 2 years, cant be revoked, lol.

2 years and you still like Drake, odd but fair enough.

how quick you become scrappy again, all smiles only a few posts back, lol.
    drake good, your taste baaadd.:mad:

I am joking I thought that was obvious.

I have said a few times that Drake is not my cup of tea but he is talented etc

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I used to be a big fan of beatboxing, but it doesnt really excite me anymore. I think I've just heard too much at this stage, and it's not something that really progresses to keep my attention. But I have a huge respect for those that do it, it takes serious practice.

I do really like how Beardyman has taken beatboxing and maniuplated it with the aid equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

I doubt the Rubberbandits consider themselves HipHop but Anthonys eye, Greyhound Shuffle, Pure Awkward, Magic Lump, Willie O Dea, and Fight Me at Mass, are all Hip Hop tracks do you not think those tracks are worthy to be called hip hop? :confused:

Advertisement