Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.mobfy.com SCAM SCAM

Options
  • 26-02-2012 5:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what www.mobfy.com is? It snuck past my security today to present me with an on-line survey that looked very YouTube-like.

It asks 3 or 4 questions, asks you to pick a prize for a draw and then presents a "game" with your chosen tech (MacBook/iPhone/iPad)as a prize.

The game loads and at the top of the window in tiny writing appears this message "This is a subscription service. Subscription costs 4 x €2.50 per week. A sign-up fee of 2 x €2.50 shall apply ".

Pretty sneaky eh? Anyone know who these would-be robbers are?

Extra info just grabbed from the bottom of the window

"This is a subscription service. Subscription costs 4 x €2.50 per week. A sign-up fee of 2 x €2.50 shall apply. Standard text messaging and WAP/GPRS/UMTS rates may apply. Minimum age 18+ with bill payer's permission. Participation to this promotion takes place automatically by registration to our service during the promotion period. This is a mobile content subscription service. Helpdesk: 0818300048. SP MTL PO BOX 1118 DUBLIN 8. IP UnaValley. To stop this subscription service, text stop to 57030. The closing date for the prize is 3/31/2012. Wap enabled phones required. "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Snuck past your security ?? So your dog or wire fence didnt stop this attacking you at your front door..

These would be robbers are what essentially the internet are made up off, in some way or form every website in the world is making money off oh you.. just like boards do with advertisemnts on this very page... "bottom right"
    If you click on one of those adds whether the service is adsense, Chitika or text link adds its still revenue to the company. What you have seen is a someone what outside the box advert. There are 100.s of affliates runnning these ads such as clickbank, Affliate junction etc, the only requirement is that you get paid More or less dependant on your worldwide geographic location..

No 1 .. You were entered into a draw ... Get over it, they didnt rip you off
    No 2 .. You were asked and TOLD, this is a sub service .. Get over it , dont like it dont sign up

So really and truly i dont know what more to say, they are NOT conmen and thus you have not been ripped off either. I think you need to educate yourself a bit more on how the big bad world out there works my furry friend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Thanks. :confused: I'm sure once you're better you'll post in sensible English, but thanks for stopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Sometimes reality is a hard slap in the face !!

Some like it some dont

Advertisement