Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount Carmel Shared Care Prices

Options
  • 26-02-2012 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have just seen an ad in the paper for Mt Carmel shared care "from 1395" including consultants fees.

My wife is booked in for shared care, we have quinn healthcare insurance, a decent enough package which gives 3500 contribution towards costs.

Even with the grant, the cost as per the email I got from the hospital would be 2,900 odd, less 20% med 1 claim.

This is still approx 2,400 which is an extra 1000 more than the advertised price

Does anyone know how they get 1395? Is it that some insurance providers give a lot more than 3500 which is why the price advertised is "from"?

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 KarrieF

Hi,
    I am going to Mount Carmel for shared care too, my insurer Aviva offers a grant of €3,450, so we will end up paying approx €2,300 or something like that, but I know that some insurance policies pay about €4,500 of the cost, so that would be the extra €1,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Hi

I remember calling about this when I found out I was pregnant and the figure they get is based on having the top notch plan e (I think) package with your insurance company. With our VHI plan it worked out a lot more. It's also based on you claiming back your med 1 and the whole lot etc.

In fairness they were very helpful when I rang them but basically we were still going to be out of pocket to the tune of about €2500 so we went public in Holles street instead and all has being perfect so far!!

Advertisement