Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XCode and Interface Builder help!

Options
  • 26-02-2012 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I am EXTREMELY new to XCode and Interface Builder and I've said that I'd build a very simple app for someone.

I've been buidling my interfaces without too much hassle, it's the coding that's getting on my tits.

The main thing I want to know is, how do I actually set the buttons to open the files I want to open?

My main window is the business logo and an 'Enter App' button, but I can't ****ing figure out how to actually enter the app.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Try here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

You don't really list what you've tried or post code, so how can anyone help?

The mechanism for tying UI elements is called Target-Action. You can define IBActions in code that do things like open files, open new windows, connect to databases whatever in response to thinks like click events.

In IB, you can connect it all up and it just works (Via the magic of XIB files).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Apple Key + drag to the Controller header and wire up an IBAction

Advertisement