Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild Camping Carlingford/Ravensdale

Options
  • 26-02-2012 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am looking for some help in regard to Wild camping areas in the Carlingford Ravensdale area. Are there any sites or points of reference where I could find out areas where camping is permissible?

Ciaran

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Gonzor

EIther Greenore or Gylsequay (spelling??) has a campsite and mobile home spot. I cant think which one it is off the top of my head, but Im kinda leaning towards Gylsequay.

EDIT: THis is it here.

http://maps.google.ie/maps?hl=en&ll=53.988099,-6.244462&spn=0.003286,0.010568&t=h&z=17

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

Gonzor wrote: »
    EIther Greenore or Gylsequay (spelling??) has a campsite and mobile home spot. I cant think which one it is off the top of my head, but Im kinda leaning towards Gylsequay.

EDIT: THis is it here.

http://maps.google.ie/maps?hl=en&ll=53.988099,-6.244462&spn=0.003286,0.010568&t=h&z=17

Cheers Gonzor but it was really the rules or permissions for camping on the mountain I was after rather than sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Gonzor

Oh right... :o

I think ravensdale forest belongs to coilte... So maybe check out their website and see what their policy is on camping. Id imagine its a free for all to be honest.

On the other hand, I know a fair few people who regularly camp in ravensdale and they dont have any permissions and nothing has ever being said so make of that what you will.

Its probably worth saying, just incase your not from the area, but Ravensdale can attract a lot of skangers. Probably safe enough this time of year, but once the summer comes Id be inclined to either give it a miss, or go way out of view altogether.

Advertisement