Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-Box change NAT Type on Android Phone

Options
  • 26-02-2012 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

O.K. total newbie at this. I am using my Android phone and using the Wi-Fi Hotspot to get access to X-Box live. It works fine and game doesn't lag much. My problem is how to change the NAT Type from strict as I cannot join groups or respond to messages. Can I change anything on the phone settings or anything to fix this. Also I am on the Three Network.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Flancrest

kinsy4 wrote: »
    O.K. total newbie at this. I am using my Android phone and using the Wi-Fi Hotspot to get access to X-Box live. It works fine and game doesn't lag much. My problem is how to change the NAT Type from strict as I cannot join groups or respond to messages. Can I change anything on the phone settings or anything to fix this. Also I am on the Three Network.

No you won't be able to change NAT types using your phone. Changing NAT type requires opening ports. This is only possible through a router

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kinsy4

Cheers thanks Flancrest. Just thought it might be possible.

Advertisement