Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC One [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭delynet

On Vodafone and I am downloading that update now.

SIM free and kitKat downloading at last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Any chance of O2 customers getting it any time soon??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭mobby

Sim Free on o2 downloading ATM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

I'm guessing 3 will have it for Easter ;)

mobby wrote: »
    Sim Free on o2 downloading ATM

Ah, but what about those devices locked to O2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

I'm guessing 3 will have it for Easter ;)

They've started rolling it out today. Of course "starting" it could mean anything, so yeah, it could be easter before we actually get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Ah, but what about those devices locked to O2?

I don't understand how anyone is locked to O2.
    O2 give free unlock codes to bill pay customers. Just request it from their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I don't understand how anyone is locked to O2.
    O2 give free unlock codes to bill pay customers. Just request it from their website.

He means its O2 branded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

No update yet on 3. But since I'm leaving them after a week it won't matter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Updated to 4.4 earlier today and now the phone won't connect to wifi. Anyone know what's up?

Sonics2k wrote: »
    He means its O2 branded.

Yep, i mean it's O2 branded :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

On Meteor, just downloaded KitKat, can't really see much change at the moment

Ok, so this may be daft, but i presume you just go to Settings, About, Software Updates and check?

Nothing showing up for mine there at this point.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Can't see any difference so far, with the exception of Battery stats no longer working, and that my phone doesn't drop from 11% to 4% and then die within 2 minutes!

Edit: A few apps aren't working anymore!

antodeco wrote: »
    Can't see any difference so far, with the exception of Battery stats no longer working, and that my phone doesn't drop from 11% to 4% and then die within 2 minutes!

Edit: A few apps aren't working anymore!

What Apps??

And i think this update may be similar to 4.3, a lot of 'Under the Hood' work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭mobby

Cant see much difference to be honest, also had a few small issues with apps, my wordament game had to be uninstalled and reinstalled, and and issue with a blue-tooth speaker I use, but again unpaired and repaired sorted that out. no other issues good or bad yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Just started downloading it now. Went through the notes and it says that the browser Flash support will be removed:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I have a 02 Htc one that I have unlocked and using on Vodafone. Would I have to put an o2 simcard back in it to get the update?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

wonski wrote: »
    Just started downloading it now. Went through the notes and it says that the browser Flash support will be removed:confused:

Yes on the HTC stock browser but I think you can still use a browser like Dolphin if you really need Flash support?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

Vodafone Ireland branded HTC One - Kitkat downloaded yesterday, cannot see much of a difference so far.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Downloading now on 02.

So what are the main differences??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Got it yesterday, no real difference at all it seems. The battery icon is now grey. It was previously green.

Meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Zascar wrote: »
    Downloading now on 02.

So what are the main differences??

Grey / white battery icon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Message text now shows up on the lock screen.

It changed my message tone as well while it was at it. Woke up to it this morning, hadn't a clue what it was for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

apparently it's meant to have faster performance, smarter "location" settings, vastly improved security, improved battery consumption, faster multitasking and better google hangouts integration amongst many others.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

A few of my app icons have reverted to a grey box with "APP" written on it. Weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Zascar wrote: »
    A few of my app icons have reverted to a grey box with "APP" written on it. Weird

I seen that before when an app wasn't fully compatible with the latest version of android

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Definitely feels a bit snappier anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

yep just downloaded it there. definitely snappier

• Advertisement

neacy69 wrote: »
    I seen that before when an app wasn't fully compatible with the latest version of android

Ah, well it's the "Phone" app so that's a bit concerneing lol

Left work this morning at 7am, battery was on 90%, got him at 07:45 and went to bed at 8, phone was 78%, woke up at 15:30 and it was 18%!!!!

I'd not used it, what's going on there then, looking at usage it says Google Services used 78% of drain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭randel

same for me. Updated phone this morning. Usually at this time of the day id have 65% battery. Now its 29%.

Thats why I installed GSam Battery Monitor. It can detect which app is using all your battery.
    It identified one for me and I uninstalled it, and my battery has been grand since.

Mine was weird though. It'd only happen about once a month and it'd be sluggish for about a day, whatever was hogging it. Hasnt happened since i removed that app though.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Thats why I installed GSam Battery Monitor. It can detect which app is using all your battery.
    It identified one for me and I uninstalled it, and my battery has been grand since.

Mine was weird though. It'd only happen about once a month and it'd be sluggish for about a day, whatever was hogging it. Hasnt happened since i removed that app though.

Downloaded that battery app, App usage was 90% of usage with Kernel (Android OS) coming out top with 89.8%!!!

This is not good, battery on 52%, just plugged it in and its saying will take 5hrs 00mins to get fully charged. Before this update it used to take 3 1/2 to 4hrs to charge fully from zero

Since the kitkat update my calendar is not syncing with exchange. Email is syncing fine. Anyone know what to do?
    I already deleted cache and data from calendar app but didn't work.

Think i've found the issue, done a lot of searching last night and most big sites recommend a factory data reset after a big update, i did that at 22:00 last night.

Went to bed at around 23:00 and handset was on 68%, got up at 6.30 and was on 64% so a LOT better.

I know it's a pain in the hole but i guess it makes sense after such a large update

Since the kitkat update my calendar is not syncing with exchange. Email is syncing fine. Anyone know what to do?
    I already deleted cache and data from calendar app but didn't work.

Took an hour or 2 for my calender to sync, don't know why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Is there any way to back up apps before a factory reset?

• Advertisement

Is there any way to back up apps before a factory reset?

Mine were all saved in the play store, just had to go in there, select My Apps and re download, really showed me how much crap i've downloaded over the years!!

scudzilla wrote: »
    This is not good, battery on 52%, just plugged it in and its saying will take 5hrs 00mins to get fully charged. Before this update it used to take 3 1/2 to 4hrs to charge fully from zero

My phone is now on 52% and have just plugged it in, says will take 1hr 10mins to fully charge, compared with the 5hrs it was giving me before i Factory reset after the update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Unplugged the phone at about 8am this morning. Looked at the battery now and it's at 52%, it'd usually be around 80. I've barely used it today too.

Any time I get unexplained drains, the phone feels sluggish too.
    Does yours feel sluggish?

Try rebooting it a few times.

My battery life seems much improved.
    Upgraded it to KitKat yesterday afternoon.
    Took it off charge just after 3pm yesterday - 100%.

Had a number of short calls, general browsing and fiddling with the phone during the evening/night. Went to bed just after midnight.

At 11am this morning i plugged it back in to power outlet - it was at 41%.

That's with push email turned on for 2 accounts - exchange, and Gmail Priority Inbox, and Bluetooth On for car kit.

That's pretty decent battery life IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Can someone point me in the direction of a website/blog which would fill the gaping gaps in my knowledge about these updates? It's great to read the reaction to the updates here but I know little about them.

Can someone point me in the direction of a website/blog which would fill the gaping gaps in my knowledge about these updates? It's great to read the reaction to the updates here but I know little about them.

If you mean what the update actually does then http://www.android.com/versions/kit-kat-4-4/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Still not available on 3, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭smilerf

Kiith wrote: »
    Still not available on 3, right?

Yes it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭ofcork

Just downloading it now on 02,very slow.

Advertisement