Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC One [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

ofcork wrote: »
    I have this issue on mine now,i assume go back to the shop is the first step.

I had the same issue when I got my phone new. People could hear me but just barely. Got a replacement in the shop as it was <28 days old so try that if it's a new phone, otherwise cut out the middle man and contact SBE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Defo cut out the middle man.
    I'm over a month waiting now. Was on to them today and i was told that my phone got repaired, then checked again, and the issue wasnt fixed so its gone back! Nightmare!

Just as well I got that Moto G to tide me over, else I'd be going mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Defo cut out the middle man.
    I'm over a month waiting now. Was on to them today and i was told that my phone got repaired, then checked again, and the issue wasnt fixed so its gone back! Nightmare!

Just as well I got that Moto G to tide me over, else I'd be going mad!

This is where ya gotta hand it to Apple. I had a mic issue on an iPhone 4 a few years ago, and they sent a courier to pick it up and deliver a replacement. Took 6 days in total, and that's including 4 days of a long weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

If I cut out middle man will I still be covered by warranty though? Also, I'm in Cork so it's a bit of a ballache to get the device sent to Dubland...

dulpit wrote: »
    If I cut out middle man will I still be covered by warranty though? Also, I'm in Cork so it's a bit of a ballache to get the device sent to Dubland...

The warranty is covered by HTC. I spoke to them directly in the UK and it was them that told me to go to SBE or Fonfix. The network provider is just a middle man, and unless they agree to simply give you a replacement over the counter, you're better off leaving them out of it. The only way the work may not be covered by warranty (ie free) is if you damaged it yourself or if you use an unregistered service centre.

Cork is pretty much off the beaten track, but don't An Post go down there every couple of weeks for mail? ;-) I posted mine from Galway for about €6 by registered post.

The warranty is covered by HTC. I spoke to them directly in the UK and it was them that told me to go to SBE or Fonfix. The network provider is just a middle man, and unless they agree to simply give you a replacement over the counter, you're better off leaving them out of it. The only way the work may not be covered by warranty (ie free) is if you damaged it yourself or if you use an unregistered service centre.
    Only benefit for VF is that they will give you a spare/replacement phone. It is the godawful Samsung Pocket Neo, but it's better than no spare phone.
    Cork is pretty much off the beaten track, but don't An Post go down there every couple of weeks for mail? ;-) I posted mine from Galway for about €6 by registered post.
    I'd prefer not to be posting expensive phone if possible..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I got my Sense 6 update today from Meteor network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭DublinBeaker

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    I got my Sense 6 update today from Meteor network.

Same here. Whats the story with the green though. You can choose difference themes but cant get rid of green completely :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭jones

Folks,

I rooted and installed Android revolution on my HTC one m7 for the past year but i've noticed lately that my reception is very bad. i'm currently on Android Rev 71.1 and everything is perfect functionality wise but my reception seems shocking particularly when changing from 2g to 3g/lte there's a drop in reception for ages before it switches over.

I'm with three but i am starting to think maybe i should flash the offical three one to see if it any better. or is this just symthom of three?

Any advise appreciated

Ps has anyone noticed a little yellow patch on the screen when the phone gets hot? the last month or so when i'm using the phone a bit the screen at one part goes a little yellow (its only about half a centimeter wide)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭mobby

downloading atm on o2 unlocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

mobby wrote: »
    downloading atm on o2 unlocked.

Still not showing on my O2 device....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

jones wrote: »
    Folks,

I rooted and installed Android revolution on my HTC one m7 for the past year but i've noticed lately that my reception is very bad. i'm currently on Android Rev 71.1 and everything is perfect functionality wise but my reception seems shocking particularly when changing from 2g to 3g/lte there's a drop in reception for ages before it switches over.

I'm with three but i am starting to think maybe i should flash the offical three one to see if it any better. or is this just symthom of three?

Any advise appreciated

Ps has anyone noticed a little yellow patch on the screen when the phone gets hot? the last month or so when i'm using the phone a bit the screen at one part goes a little yellow (its only about half a centimeter wide)

Running the same setup as you with no problems. Radio issues are almost always firmware related.
    Did you flash the appropriate firmware (5.11.401.10) from recovery before flashing AR71.1?

maki wrote: »
    Running the same setup as you with no problems. Radio issues are almost always firmware related.
    Did you flash the appropriate firmware (5.11.401.10) from recovery before flashing AR71.1?

No i didnt dam...where are is 5.11.401.10 located? ok just found it do i have to download before AR71.1 or can i do it after?

Cheers for the reply mate i thought i was going mad

No i didnt dam...where are is 5.11.401.10 located? ok just found it do i have to download before AR71.1 or can i do it after?

Cheers for the reply mate i thought i was going mad

Instructions here. Links here. You want the NoWipe zip obviously.
    That firmware bundles in a version of TWRP that gave me errors when flashing AR71.1, so you may have to flash TWRP from the official site again if that happens to you.

You really should flash the firmware before flashing the rom, but you can try to flash it afterwards if you're feeling adventurous.

my current Hboot is 1.44.000 & Radio is 4a.13.3231.27 so compared to the newist version its way off.

I thought flashing a new ROM updated the radio aswell but obviously not.

Ps thanks for your help

• Advertisement

my current Hboot is 1.44.000 & Radio is 4a.13.3231.27 so compared to the newist version its way off.

I thought flashing a new ROM updated the radio aswell but obviously not.

Ps thanks for your help

I thought that too initially, and I don't know why they don't. I'm assuming it's a limitation of Android rather than a choice.

Just make sure that you've changed your CID before you flash that firmware (I'm assuming you're still on Three's CID). HTC__001 or 11111111 will do fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Same here. Whats the story with the green though. You can choose difference themes but cant get rid of green completely :(
    Yeah not too fond of it but I get used to it anyway.

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Still not showing on my O2 device....

Nor on Vodafone either (for all that's it worth, seen as I'll be sending it back soon).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭ofcork

Im getting it on 02 locked one now,slow download though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭ffocused

Anyone else having download issues? mine keeps stopping at either 2% or 28%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭ofcork

Mine keeps stopping at 28%.

Not just me so! I will leave it & try again tomorrow. Servers are probably getting hammered at the moment.

Same for me - download has stopped at 2% (furthest it's got) most of the time. Annoying as hell.

Those of you who (like me) have problems downloading the Sense 6 update - are you all O2 customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ratoath25

Those of you who (like me) have problems downloading the Sense 6 update - are you all O2 customers?

Yep . Mine would only go to 2% then to 28% and now will only go to 18%. I rang HTC customer service and he told me I would have to change the phone back to factory settings. WTF.
    You can keep your update

me too, it seems to be an 02 specific issue.

link to German site confirming it

http://v-i-t-t-i.de/blog/2014/06/htc-one-m7-o2-kunden-haben-massive-probleme-das-5-12-206-3-update-zu-laden-o2-bittet-um-geduld-34905/

ratoath25 wrote: »
    Yep . Mine would only go to 2% then to 28% and now will only go to 18%. I rang HTC customer service and he told me I would have to change the phone back to factory settings. WTF.
    You can keep your update

Well, i can clarify that that's a load of bunkum - i restored back to factory settings last night - attempted the update..... same issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Mines at 64% (5.12.206.3)

O2 as well, hhhmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ratoath25

Mine has just downloaded 100% now. Please green go away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭DublinBeaker

On sense 6 and just got a notification about HTC power to Give ?????
    Whats the story with this !

"This app allows you to contribute your spare processing power to projects all around the world, including scientific environmental and medical research"

So when your phone is charging and connected to wifi it will be used as a hardware resource ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭goose06

It'll be something along the lines of this.

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

Great initiative that uses your spare processing power when you are not using your PC idle time for worthy causes.

On sense 6 and just got a notification about HTC power to Give ?????
    Whats the story with this !

"This app allows you to contribute your spare processing power to projects all around the world, including scientific environmental and medical research"

So when your phone is charging and connected to wifi it will be used as a hardware resource ????

Updated now too - and have discovered that the Motion Gestures (tap to wake) is not included on this.

The only reason i wanted to update. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Updated now too - and have discovered that the Motion Gestures (tap to wake) is not included on this.

Quick link to what IS included, anybody? For when I eventually get my baby back:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I like the swipe left and right unlocks though.
    The features I'm most interested in are the power save.
    The new colour themes needs custom colours selection.

Idleater wrote: »
    I like the swipe left and right unlocks though.
    The features I'm most interested in are the power save.
    The new colour themes needs custom colours selection.

Just in the themes. Is the dialer keypad and caller id still very dark or do some themes brighten it up?

Just in the themes. Is the dialer keypad and caller id still very dark or do some themes brighten it up?

I've done a theme that is 8-in-1

vNDC5ls.gif

of course you need to be rooted etc to flash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

On 3 and just downloading the update now.

Basil3 wrote: »
    I've done a theme that is 8-in-1

vNDC5ls.gif

of course you need to be rooted etc to flash

Yep, I'm rooted. Flashed CyanogenMod over the weekend just to get away from Sense. The dark caller ID, dialler and contacts app was doing my head in. Could hardly see who was calling me when in sunlight. I tried 3rd party contacts and diallers, but they all revert back to the stick app to actually do the work. CM uses the google contacts and dialler, which is better than Sense IMO.

I wouldn't consider going back to Sense unless that was fixed, which is why I was wondering of the themes brightened it up.

Yep, I'm rooted. Flashed CyanogenMod over the weekend just to get away from Sense. The dark caller ID, dialler and contacts app was doing my head in. Could hardly see who was calling me when in sunlight. I tried 3rd party contacts and diallers, but they all revert back to the stick app to actually do the work. CM uses the google contacts and dialler, which is better than Sense IMO.

I wouldn't consider going back to Sense unless that was fixed, which is why I was wondering of the themes brightened it up.

Hmmm yeah. Well with all my ViperLight themes, dialer and keyboard are light. Definitely much better for daylight visibility. Of course, can pretty much theme anything when I have the time and inclination, so if you have any feedback for other things you would like changed, let me know. Same username on XDA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Yep, I'm rooted. Flashed CyanogenMod over the weekend just to get away from Sense. The dark caller ID, dialler and contacts app was doing my head in. Could hardly see who was calling me when in sunlight.

Can't say I've ever had that kind of trouble in sunlight with my One and I live in Australia! Personally I love the dark theme, seems sleeker.

Haven't downloaded yet but this update looks too "green". I'd much rather keep things dark like they are in their current form. Not rooted as this is the first Android device where I haven't felt the need to root and play around with custom ROMs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

On the lock screen you can double tap to put the phone to sleep, thats the only gesture that made it, the other ones would destroy the m&'s battery.

Alas the M8 has a special radio sensor thing for that which the M7 doesn't have..

Also - on VF and no updates :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Alas the M8 has a special radio sensor thing for that which the M7 doesn't have..

Any idea when the update is due on Vodafone?

Well the M7 does have the hardware. Loads of YouTube videos about showing it working but needs to be rooted and some software installed to customize the Rom.

Annoyed that they've left it out for us M7 lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

Can anyone recommend an armband or any other accessory for holding the phone while going for a run?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭frash

Can anyone recommend an armband or any other accessory for holding the phone while going for a run?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84590557&postcount=3192

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Payton

I bought this one this morning for my M7

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/261496856072?txnId=1436174705016

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I got the Sense 6 update for my One the other day. Has anyone noticed that performance has dropped hugely since installing it? I'm talking about a delay of about a quarter of a second for each character press when using the keyboard.

I've never even considered rooting the phone since I got it but since this update I think I'm going to have to put a different ROM on it.

OhHiMark wrote: »
    I got the Sense 6 update for my One the other day. Has anyone noticed that performance has dropped hugely since installing it? I'm talking about a delay of about a quarter of a second for each character press when using the keyboard.

I've never even considered rooting the phone since I got it but since this update I think I'm going to have to put a different ROM on it.

Hey I'm doing this update now over 3g & it's taking forever! Does anyone know if the update can be done via PC? I've downloaded HTC sync manager but I can't seem to find an option to update the phones software.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

Has anyone received the latest update on a Vodafone phone?

• Advertisement
Advertisement