Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC One [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭goose06

It is nearly 700MB in size so it'll take a while over 3g depending on your connection speeds, only other options are do it over WiFi or download a custom ROM
    Hey I'm doing this update now over 3g & it's taking forever! Does anyone know if the update can be done via PC? I've downloaded HTC sync manager but I can't seem to find an option to update the phones software.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

ElBarco wrote: »
    Has anyone received the latest update on a Vodafone phone?

Nope :(

goose06 wrote: »
    It is nearly 700MB in size so it'll take a while over 3g depending on your connection speeds, only other options are do it over WiFi or download a custom ROM

3G in our building is awful (but I can get 4G outside). I stuck with it though & it finally downloaded!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Installed mine two days ago. Have to say, I do like it (could be because its different!). I like the slight differences to the customisation. However, the change in ringtones is annoying. Everytime my alarm goes off, I don't know whats happening, as its a different tone!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

No update on Vodafone yet :mad: Does the Sense 6.0 update improve battery drain on M7? My M7 has recently started suddenly to get very hot and the battery drains in no time - weird :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Payton

OhHiMark wrote: »
    I got the Sense 6 update for my One the other day. Has anyone noticed that performance has dropped hugely since installing it? I'm talking about a delay of about a quarter of a second for each character press when using the keyboard.

I've never even considered rooting the phone since I got it but since this update I think I'm going to have to put a different ROM on it.
    I found a bit of a lag...not a lot but slightly noticeable and the ram is running at around 600/700 mbs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

antodeco wrote: »
    Installed mine two days ago. Have to say, I do like it (could be because its different!). I like the slight differences to the customisation. However, the change in ringtones is annoying. Everytime my alarm goes off, I don't know whats happening, as its a different tone!

Yep not a fan of the new sound profile either. Ended up downloading the Sense 5 sound files from here:

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390352402789433473

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Well lads,

I got my One fixed last November due to a faulty speaker. They fixed it for free i.e. sent me out a new one because it was under warranty. The new one they gave me has the purple tint fault in the back camera, however. I've ignored it since I hardly ever use my back camera and if I do it's not in low light. My question is, is my new phone that they sent me in November still under warranty until next november? Or does the warranty of my old HTC one carry into the new one? In that case I think the warranty of my old one is up (1 year, right?).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

FatRat wrote: »
    Well lads,

I got my One fixed last November due to a faulty speaker. They fixed it for free i.e. sent me out a new one because it was under warranty. The new one they gave me has the purple tint fault in the back camera, however. I've ignored it since I hardly ever use my back camera and if I do it's not in low light. My question is, is my new phone that they sent me in November still under warranty until next november? Or does the warranty of my old HTC one carry into the new one? In that case I think the warranty of my old one is up (1 year, right?).

There's a 2 year warranty on the phone, and it runs from date of original purchase. So the one you got last November did not kick start a new 2 year warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Sparko

Testament1 wrote: »
    Yep not a fan of the new sound profile either. Ended up downloading the Sense 5 sound files from here:

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390352402789433473

Thanks a lot for this, I couldn't get used to the new alarm tone so glad to have my old one back!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Don't have my phone long but got the update last week. Phone gets really hot, has before the update and the battery life is poor. Has anyone else moved on from this phone already? Perhaps to the M8?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Phone gets really hot, has before the update and the battery life is poor.

Phone gets hot while using it or on its own?
    I notice that the phone gets warm when using it, eg playing games.
    Personally I use power saving mode to limit cpu and performance is still fine. The update with extreme power saving is brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Updating now on 3 network. I hope the battery life gets better and will have to use the battery saver while listening to radio/spotify during the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Mine was getting crazy hot even after a short phone call. My battery was brutal since the update too.

Sent it away today with coverage issues.

4th time in just over a year its been sent away.

I'm seriously considering the S5 at this stage. I've had to send every HTC phone I've had away for repairs.

I have been lucky with every phone, never returned one!
    Since the Sense 6 update I notice the phone gets very hot after 20mins playing a game. No improvement on the battery life. I was using Nova Launcher but switched back to Sense after the update.
    Overall a good update and I like it.

Had to send my phone back again (speaker issue this time), hopefully this will be the last time. Has really put a sour taste in my mouth towards HTC... At least this time I got a better replacement phone (Nokia Lumia 820 as against the Samsung Pocket Neo)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Sparko wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for this, I couldn't get used to the new alarm tone so glad to have my old one back!

Really hate that the tones have been changed. For new phones fine, don't include them, but for legacy updates you should keep what the user is used to. While I'm at it... That camera "click" sounds like something is broken.

Sense 6.0 update received, downloaded & installed. I am locked on Vodafone Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I was using Nova Launcher but switched back to Sense after the update.

How come? Sense 6 is a nice improvement but the home screen speed can't match the speed of Nova surely?

Installed Sense 6 this morning and love it already. Haven't noticed a difference in battery (yet), looks slick and is noticeably faster performance wise. The extreme power saving mode should be really handy!

• Advertisement

the colours are poxy!
    I mean the ones in setting to show if something is on or off.
    You can change them in themes but they are all poxy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

I just downloaded it last night. Noticing a pretty significant improvement in battery life today, but I've also noticed a very slight delay when I'm typing. Think another poster mentioned that as well.

Really like the look of it though. I'm a sucker for a nice bright colour.

How come? Sense 6 is a nice improvement but the home screen speed can't match the speed of Nova surely?
    !

I use a stock quote widget that never updates properly on Nova. Lived with it until Sense 6 came out and liked it so switched. Widget works perfect now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I just downloaded it last night. Noticing a pretty significant improvement in battery life today, but I've also noticed a very slight delay when I'm typing. Think another poster mentioned that as well.

Really like the look of it though. I'm a sucker for a nice bright colour.

I did a factory reset and didn't restore all my apps and it fixed that slight delay. Clearly one of my old apps doesn't work well with Sense 6 on this phone but I'm not sure which, so I'm just going to reinstall them as I need them and see if any of them slow it down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

OhHiMark wrote: »
    I did a factory reset and didn't restore all my apps and it fixed that slight delay. Clearly one of my old apps doesn't work well with Sense 6 on this phone but I'm not sure which, so I'm just going to reinstall them as I need them and see if any of them slow it down again.

Oh cool. I only have about a dozen apps so I'll try that as well

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Not sure if it's the update but took my phone off charge around 7 and with very light use its already done to 73%. Anyone any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 bafled

My M7's battery has always been poor , I've done a factory reset and no change , I get random days where it's good , but generally it drains .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 bafled

My M7's battery has always been poor , I've done a factory reset and no change , I get random days where it's good , but generally it drains . But I still love the phone .

Htc announced that when Android L comes out it will be pushed to HTC One M7 & M8 within 90 days. Which is nice.

My battery drain issue on M7 was fixed with the Sense 6.0 update, the phone will still have +50% battery after the day, which is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

Hi guys. Hoping some one hear can help. When I use headphones with the phone I am only getting sound out of one of the ear buds. Its definitely not the headphones as I have tried using them on other devices and they work fine. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

dulpit wrote: »
    Htc announced that when Android L comes out it will be pushed to HTC One M7 & M8 within 90 days. Which is nice.

looking at a lot of the new graphical features of Android L, it looks very similar to how Sense 6 looks now!

coach22 wrote: »
    Hi guys. Hoping some one hear can help. When I use headphones with the phone I am only getting sound out of one of the ear buds. Its definitely not the headphones as I have tried using them on other devices and they work fine. Any ideas?

Sounds like what happens if you don't push the headphones all the way in. I'm assuming you've already checked this, which suggests the headphone adapted in the phone could be goosed..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

dulpit wrote: »
    Sounds like what happens if you don't push the headphones all the way in. I'm assuming you've already checked this, which suggests the headphone adapted in the phone could be goosed..

Yes the headphone jack is definitely pushed in all the way.

Do you reckon would this be covered by warranty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

Yes the headphone jack is definitely pushed in all the way.

Do you reckon would this be covered by warranty?

Night just be fluff in the headphone jack? Happens all the time to me when it's in my pocket. Make sure you give it a proper clean before you bother sending it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭DublinBeaker

Anybody notice a little triangle with exclamation mark appearing up beside battery saver icon when sending texts since 4.4 and Sense 6 upgrade ?
    Texts get sent successfully. On Meteor aswell !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Is this phone only available in the metal grey colour in Ireland? I checked meteor, emobile and three websites and they only have that colour? I had the the previous One in the light silver and would want this one in that colour too. Have the white 5s now but I'm interested in a change back to android now with L coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

had the same issue myself, the amount of fluff that gathered in the jack was fairly surprising. i was picking it out with a paperclip for sometime. all back to normal now

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

Anybody notice a little triangle with exclamation mark appearing up beside battery saver icon when sending texts since 4.4 and Sense 6 upgrade ?
    Texts get sent successfully. On Meteor aswell !

Yes on meteor and have the same...no idea wwhy it is appearing though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Sense 6 has dramatically changed my battery life for the good.

Rochey18 wrote: »

I made great use of the extreme power saving mode today. It clicked in by default at 20% before heading to work at 08:00. Power cut in the office all morning and a fair number of text messages and calendar reminders throughout morning and it was at 11% when I plugged it in at 14:00.

• Advertisement

Idleater wrote: »
    extreme power saving mode
    where exactly is this extreme power saving mode located?

bcmf wrote: »
    where exactly is this extreme power saving mode located?

Settings -> power.

I have ticked automatically turn on and 20%

I have added the toggle to the quick settings drop down too.

It cripples the phone to basic gsm functions and only htc apps which is a little pita as I use the gmail app instead of email but it works fine.

Idleater wrote: »
    Settings -> power.

I have ticked automatically turn on and 20%

I have added the toggle to the quick settings drop down too.

It cripples the phone to basic gsm functions and only htc apps which is a little pita as I use the gmail app instead of email but it works fine.
    Nice one.
    I could have googled it but simply too lazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭trev44

Rochey18 wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

my abttery gone to **** but i notice the radio seems to have got worse, no signal where i had 5 bars before.

the phone doesn't last a day, when it used to last a day and half anyway.

it ill be near dead at 6-7 when i get home from work and i dont use it that much.

Zero difference in my battery life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

All the folks that are having battery issues, have you considered doing a run through of your apps.

removing ones that you dont use etc, that may be just killing power with constant service requests.

This in the main is why some people see huge differences in usage.

Its all about what is installed on the device.

Also power saving mode as above is designed to syphon these sorts of non essentials off the battery boob so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

review of the HTC mini + here....

http://www.trustedreviews.com/htc-mini_Mobile-Phone-Accessory_review

I dont really get it....seems to be a remote control for your phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Wow... someone has made a more useless device than the smart watch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

tok9 wrote: »
    Wow... someone has made a more useless device than the smart watch

Do you actually own a smartwatch ?

I own a Pebble and find it very useful.

Advertisement