Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC One [Megathread]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

Zascar wrote: »
    Hmmm how do I check? I got it from 02 but it's not branded might just be sim free

If you have adb installed plug it in (fastboot) and then
    fastboot getvar cid

through your computer terminal. Otherwise search for an app, cid getter but not sure how effective.

Either way it's probably o2_001. I got one from o2, unbranded but was o2 cid. Normally you can tell becasue it originally has an o2 splash, and the updates take ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Hi all,

I've just noticed that the Garcenote menu options have completely disappeared from the menu of my (stock) music player on HTC One X. I only updated some album art the other day and have not made any software updates since. I've tried restarting the phone with no joy.

Any idea how to enable it again?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So is it possible to root the One X? I wanted to put 4.2 on it, as i'll be moving abroad in a few months and had hoped to bring the phone with me. Got it from 3, and it's unbranded, but i'm not even sure if it's locked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Yes, see here; you will of course need to flash a stock recovery too.

Apparently JB is rolling out in India atm, so hopefully it won't be too long for the rest of us. Been holding off on rooting until I'm updated.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yeah me too, I'd rather not root I'd prefer to stay stock, but in fairness we were supposed to have it in October. Fingers crossed before Xmas... If anyone hears anything please let us know... I'm dying to try out Google's version of Siri..

Cheers for that. So i can root it, just not install JB yet, right?

Yes, however it may prevent you from receiving the OTA update. Not sure if it's root, unlocking or 3rd party recovery that prevents that, someone else will need to confirm.

Either way, you can of course still update to JB via a 3rd party ROM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Android 4.1 rolling out to CID_044 today according to XDA.

Keep and eye on this thread to see when it starts making its way across the good old EU.

If you unlock your boot loader which everyone can you can flash jellybean! Even when with a three CID. The cid is only to get the official ROM via OTA. There used to be an issue with a HBOOT upgrade where if you got sense rom on 4.2 you couldn't go back but I think it's fixed now and anyway you can use stock.

TLDR you can get 4.2 right now, no matter the carrier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Yeah me too, I'd rather not root I'd prefer to stay stock, but in fairness we were supposed to have it in October. Fingers crossed before Xmas... If anyone hears anything please let us know... I'm dying to try out Google's version of Siri..

I've been running JB on a Motorola Xoom for a couple of months. i dont find Google now that useful at all. If I ask it about tomorrows weather it will only bring up a flash card with details but if you ask it about the weather tomorrow in London or New York it'll talk back to you.

As Google now is still in beta, I hope they'll add more to it as it progresses but at the minute its nothing fantastic.

• Advertisement

Kxiii wrote: »

I've been running JB on a Motorola Xoom for a couple of months. i dont find Google now that useful at all. If I ask it about tomorrows weather it will only bring up a flash card with details but if you ask it about the weather tomorrow in London or New York it'll talk back to you.

As Google now is still in beta, I hope they'll add more to it as it progresses but at the minute its nothing fantastic.

What region have you it set too?

Dubhaltach wrote: »
    What region have you it set to?

Had to go down the GEDifying route to get it to run JB so had to set the location to US. It just seems to only speak certain answers, this seems to be a common complaint on couple of forums with the Xoom JB.

Maybe things will be different when it gets to the One X, must try it out on an S3 and see if it speaks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

Dubhaltach wrote: »
    If you unlock your boot loader which everyone can you can flash jellybean! Even when with a three CID. The cid is only to get the official ROM via OTA. There used to be an issue with a HBOOT upgrade where if you got sense rom on 4.2 you couldn't go back but I think it's fixed now and anyway you can use stock.

TLDR you can get 4.2 right now, no matter the carrier.

can you link to how to do this? I have the O2 CID and I thought I couldn't get 4.1 until the official release. (I know I can install an Cyanogen but I though I would have to wait for Sense)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭ofcork

That xda link doesnt work for me when con we expect jb,ive a one s on o2.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭motownman

Has anybody in Ireland got the Jelly Bean 4.1 update yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Not me anyway.

It's been released for my CID, but I haven't got it yet :( (Cid: HTC_001 )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

HTC started the rollout in Taiwan in October, there was a pause for about a month and they released it to phones mainly in India and a couple of other countries in SE Asia last week.

It's ground to a halt again and there are lots of angry people on the interwebs!

It's been released for my CID, but I haven't got it yet :( (Cid: HTC_001 )

Where'd you see that WolfForager? Was looking myself last night but all I could find on XDA-D about HTC__001 was rants about not geting JB yet. :)

• Advertisement

dahamsta wrote: »

Where'd you see that WolfForager? Was looking myself last night but all I could find on XDA-D about HTC__001 was rants about not geting JB yet. :)

There's a new thread on XDA called "JB discussion", has a list of released CIDs in the second post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

does anyone know if htc have a repair center in ireland.my one x is dead and wont turn on:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

I just got mine back from repair from Meteor. Left it with them on the 3rd and came back in today. New logic board installed. It went to these guys

Fónfix
    http://www.mprc.ie/

How would i find out if my phone is locked? I'm just wondering if it's possible to bring my phone to Australia in the new year, and get a sim over there. It's a Three One X, but it's not branded in any way that i can see.

Also, if it is locked, would rooting it remove the lock?

Kiith wrote: »
    How would i find out if my phone is locked? I'm just wondering if it's possible to bring my phone to Australia in the new year, and get a sim over there. It's a Three One X, but it's not branded in any way that i can see.

Also, if it is locked, would rooting it remove the lock?

I got mine from Three on launch day and its unbranded and unlocked. Usually an easy way to tell is if when the phone starts up you get the Three logo instead of the htc logo then its locked.

Just got an updated version of skygo from the market,now working on my htc one s.

• Advertisement

Kxiii wrote: »
    I got mine from Three on launch day and its unbranded and unlocked. Usually an easy way to tell is if when the phone starts up you get the Three logo instead of the htc logo then its locked.

No Three logo on startup anyway, and no real mention of Three anywhere. Hopefully it's unlocked in that case.

gavinjc wrote: »
    I just got mine back from repair from Meteor. Left it with them on the 3rd and came back in today. New logic board installed. It went to these guys

Fónfix
    http://www.mprc.ie/

cheer's for that i emailed them and they only do vodafone and meteor warranty work.so i rang htc and it's getting picked up by ups in the morning and has to go to the uk :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

According to posters on XDA, Jelly Bean appears to be on general release for the One X on mainland Europe.

Past updates have usually been rolled out in UK/Ireland about a week after the rest of Europe.

ofcork wrote: »
    Just got an updated version of skygo from the market,now working on my htc one s.

Got it going on One X. Not great quality coming from it so far but I'll give it more than 5 mins before I pass judgement

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

massy086 wrote: »
    cheer's for that i emailed them and they only do vodafone and meteor warranty work.so i rang htc and it's getting picked up by ups in the morning and has to go to the uk :mad::mad:

I sent mine across to them in the UK...Picked up and droped back in a week

• Advertisement

Got it going on One X. Not great quality coming from it so far but I'll give it more than 5 mins before I pass judgement

I found it great working off wifi at home.

ofcork wrote: »
    I found it great working off wifi at home.

Yea, it's actually pretty good. Nothing to complain about, good on WiFi and not too bad on 3G after a min or so of indistinguishable pixels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Yea, it's actually pretty good. Nothing to complain about, good on WiFi and not too bad on 3G after a min or so of indistinguishable pixels

Anyone using a custom ROM got SkyGo working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Saw this on the HTC One X thread on XDA, in order to get the JB OTA now:

All you have to do is download:
    http://d-h.st/XsN
    Unzip them
    Install both APKS
    Restart Phone
    Check for update.

Certainly worked for me anyway, downloading the update now.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sweet, it works! Downloading now :D
    If anyone needs links to the two individual files you can just download and install directly here
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/72859/jb/HTC%20Checkin%20Service%204.0.221716.apk
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/72859/jb/Updater%204.0.221818.apk

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭farreca

I got the update on my Vodafone one x this morning. Just manually checked for the update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Tried that method with the 2 files, didnt work for me on a 3 branded phone

Only works for unbranded phones!

Yeah, updated mine there, seems to be more laggy than before and it's just force restarted o.0

EDIT: Ok the force restart seems to have sped things up a bit, seems that quadrant standard is causing it to restart. I want to know the new benchmarks :(

Mine works. I can't work out what's different though. Does anyone have a guide to what's new in JB Or what new features are worth trying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Mine works. I can't work out what's different though. Does anyone have a guide to what's new in JB Or what new features are worth trying?

Haha yeah it's hilarious, all this wait and at the end I was the same - had no idea what I should have been expecting.

Well there are a few interface changes that I notice, I'm not sure whether it is faster / snappier. Noticed Google Now straight away, but no idea how to actually use it - will it just pop up when it feels like it?

Oh, and it just restarted itself on me. Joy :eek:

• Advertisement

How do you get into Google Now? That's what I was interested to try...

How do you get into Google Now? That's what I was interested to try...

Hold the Home button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

If anyone needs links to the two individual files you can just download and install directly here
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/72859/jb/Updater%204.0.221818.apk[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much, worked great for my unbrabded One on Three.
    Hold the Home button.

Thanks, I also had no idea! Still not sure what to do with it yet though:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/72859/jb/Updater%204.0.221818.apk

Cheers worked for me too.Unbranded on Meteor

So can you install this even if your phone hasn't been rooted, or do you need to root it first?

Kiith wrote: »
    So can you install this even if your phone hasn't been rooted, or do you need to root it first?

Does not need to be rooted.

You just need a Zip manager app on your phone to open the file.

Cheers, will give it a go later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

The stock browser is now astonishingly fast :)

well didnt work for me either on a o2 branded phone aw well wait a little longer eh

• Advertisement

Got it working on Unbranded One X. Looks like the carousel home screen is back. I'm glad it is, as it was a pain in ass having to swipe all the way from left to right.I do like the blue accents through out the menu looks much better the green.

Still don't see much use for google now as the speak back doesn't seem to want to answer my questions.

Advertisement