Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

want to learn!

• 26-02-2012 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

What advice could you give to a person who wants to learn as many skills as possible?

I'm looking do do something practical and would like to learn a trade.

Like many I am out of work and looking to utilize the time I have to learn and increase my chances of employment down the line. Considering there aren't many opportunities out there I think education and learning as much as you can is really all you can do in this situation.

So any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

This is the best place to ask that question!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Learn how to bull****. A lot of people have made good livings off doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Learn how to bull****. A lot of people have made good livings off doing it.

bullshit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

tebowfan wrote: »
    What advice could you give to a person who wants to learn as many skills as possible?

Like many I am out of work and looking to utilize the time I have to learn and increase my chances of employment down the line. Considering there aren't many opportunities out there I think education and learning as much as you can is really all you can do in this situation.

Conflicting interests!! Most trades take a good few years to master alright, but you require experience to learn the trade. You can't get the experience because the job isn't there.

A change of mind from something practical is where you can learn, in some form of degree then masters etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Domo230 wrote: »
    How wide is yer arsehole?
    Go learn the oldest trade in the world and sell yer arse.
    Help, sure
    You be the cowboy and i'll be Dustin Hoffman

I'd thank that but you went to far with the last point :P.
    Sell it ye, but I don't want it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Why don't you just emigrate and learn a trade in Oz or Western Canada? Failing that a trade is about as useful in Ireland currently as teats on a bull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

it takes 10,000 hour to become an expert at something, can your ass handle that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Learn to make good threads.

(and then give the rest of us some tips)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Learn how to become the ultimate fighter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Learn how to make yourself small so you can ride a cat like a horse and hide in post boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

If you don't know it already, teach yourself java and HTML. Trust me, its worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Learn how to bull****.
    How do you bull a shit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

If you don't know it already, teach yourself java and HTML. Trust me, its worth it.

Were do you learn that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

This.
    Learn to code, there are tons of opportunities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

ScumLord wrote: »
    How do you bull a shit?

By talking a lot of crap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

cena wrote: »

Were do you learn that

You can get books and self learn.. It really would open so many career paths for you. Programming is a very sought after skill! FAS might offer a course, or you can definitely do a FETAC one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/learning_styles for info about learning styles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

As the old saying goes, why bring the mountain to Mohammed when you can just kill Mohammed and take his job?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

As the old saying goes, why bring the mountain to Mohammed when you can just kill Mohammed and take his job?

...then eat some delish bacon just to really piss them off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I'd go back to college and do a degree in engineering teaching or woodwork teaching. After this do some guild exams to qualify as a carpenter/plumber/electrician as you feel suits you. A friend of mine went this route and has his own small construction company in Dublin which is thriving despite the economy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

never forget OP that everything ( skills wise ) intertwines at some stage so try to remember as much as possible and make the best use of it as possible...

It isn't a bad way to go about things but you need a few years exp before you get a decent wage or can sucessfully byob....

construction/ craft trades are also very much the same except i find with I.T... its easier to bring a pen drive full of you're work rather then being a chippy who claims to have built the pyramids...

Advertisement