Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what first harrow or fertliser??

• 26-02-2012 10:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭

have a few acres that were meant to be silage last sept..anyway didn't cut it as was too light..even though sheep ate it well ++ during the winter, there is a good bit of long tough grass..was gong to give it a run with chain harrow and then put my fert, or should i spread fertiliser first and then harrow??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

harrow first

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭PatQfarmer

eorna wrote: »
    have a few acres that were meant to be silage last sept..anyway didn't cut it as was too light..even though sheep ate it well ++ during the winter, there is a good bit of long tough grass..was gong to give it a run with chain harrow and then put my fert, or should i spread fertiliser first and then harrow??

Agree with snowman. harrow first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Does it makes a hell of alot of difference the sequence if the two jobs are done around the same time?

If you harrowed straight after you spread you'd work in the fertiliser and tidy up any bits you may have marked while spreading :D

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭pat73

Is there any difference between the framed one and the non framed one work wise other than the price and the convenience of moving them around.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭PatQfarmer

pat73 wrote: »
    Is there any difference between the framed one and the non framed one work wise other than the price and the convenience of moving them around.
    I use an Einbock tine harrow. Great machine, imo. Esp as I don't always have bigger stock to graze out paddocks fully. It is great to rip out dead grass. One run of that can sometimes equal a bag of fertiliser for the improvement in grass growth.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

pat73 wrote: »

Chain mat is the same. Frame would be handier for moving it around and keeping it untangled though!

Advertisement