Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best lecturers?

Options
  • 26-02-2012 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭

Which lecturer do you like the most. Wheter it be a funny lecturer or someone up for a laugh or one who simply has a passion for his subject. Mine is Bruce osbourne or Matthew Harmey. Carl ng is pretty cool aswell.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

David McHugh was my favourite from undergrad. Knew everything about genomics and was involved in cutting edge research. Had a good sense of humour to go with it.

Most lecturers I have now are guest lecturers, but I would give a special mention to Claire Cave. Her passion and dedication stand out most to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

I'm not overly sure on where the charter stands on this but be careful referring to lecturers by name even if its positive :).

One of my favourites has to be Colman Gallagher, the man knows his stuff inside out, I've never seen him refer to a note during lectures or be unable to answer any question, no matter how obscure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Arnold Horner!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Topper7

My fav lecturers are the ones who care about their classes, make the subject interesting and will help you out when you need it! I dont want to get into names but personally I found the agri-business dept to be very helpful and always wanted what was best for their students. Ive recieved emails & text messages from some staff after 22.00 and I am also aware of several staff communicating reguraly with students via their mobile phone. It wasnt until I stuidied in other parts of UCD and the country that I realised how vauleabl this kind of service is! Im sure there are more examples of this in other areas...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'm with Raphael on this one - in the 3rd amendment to the previous charter.

Third Amendment
    Do not mention by name any staff member of UCD, nor allude to their identity (Saying "The 2nd year Electroactive Terrain lecturer" is just as bad as saying "Dr. Robert Paulson", for instance).

These people are A) not here to defend any allegations you might make against them (founded or otherwise) and B) capable of taking action against boards.ie, which is bad. So don't do it.

Should you have a problem with a particular lecturer, then contact your school. Should you wish to praise a particular lecturer, then drop them an email, they'll probably appreciate it. Should you wish to refer to something they did where it's relevant to another topic then simply say "a lecturer"

The above should be added to the 'new' charter.

Already there have been vague unfounded 'I don't think much of...' posts in this thread.

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement