Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping options for online sales

Options
  • 26-02-2012 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi,
    I will be posting clothing items to ireland/uk/europe & rest of world. At the monent i have two rates from an post, €5.95 for track& trace or €4.95 with no track & trace.
    They pick up from you for this rate also as far i understand.
    They do better rates if you have more than 2000 packages a year, i cant predict that yet tho.
    My question is when i look at other sites the shipping options vary so much & am on the verge of contacting some of them to ask how they do it. Am wondering should i take the hit on p&p myself on some items or factor it into the selling price.
    I would really appreciate the best way to go about it & so i can be clear on my site what the rates are for the consumer.
    I know there was another thread about deliveries but that was a specific size/weight, my stuff will vary!
    Site is doing well & in existance a good few years but was run from uk, will be running from here now.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

Hello Billybunty

If the prices you are indicating with An Post are for both Ireland and International, you have probably one of the best deals available.

I would recommend to contact companies like GLS and DPD. They are international parcel services - who also do domestic deliveries in Ireland. I would think that GLS for Ireland - just straight tariff, no discounts - comes in at around € 5.00 per parcel (for a 2nd parcel to the same address they would give you a lower cost). That is collected from your door and include a track and trace system. Again, with a bit of volume that would likely to be negotiable.

Good luck with your venture

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

Advertisement