Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaky Gut?? Plse help??

Options
  • 26-02-2012 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Just wondering if theres anybody else out there who has suffered from Leaky Gut or recovered from same? I have lost alot of weight, am exhausted tired, feel very weak, cannot absorb foods (food in stools), have constant thrush, constantly sick and am hypersensitive to lots of foods, alcohol & certain medications. My poor husband and family are doing their best for me, but I feel that I am a major burden. Doctors just keep saying I'm depressed. Arragh!! I have attended a psychiatrist and counsellor, who said I am NOT depressed and understand the way I'm feeling, but don't know who can help. I am getting depressed the way I'm feeling. After lots of googling, I think LEAKY GUT could be my problem. I had allergy testing done and am allergic to casein (protein found in animal milk). I am also intolernent to gluten and have been off both gluten & milk for the last 4mths. I honestly feel this illness is going to end my life. Please help. I hate feeling like this. I have so much I want to live for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭talullah

Have you tried drinking pure aloe vera gel?. It does amazing things for the whole body and I have heard of it helping leaky gut. I drink it for general body maintanence so to speak and my digestive system has improved incredibly since I started drinking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Heather21

Talullah, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, Aloe Vera is one of the things I'm highly allergic too. I drank it for 2mths last Summer, as I heard it was great for the digestive system too. But had allergy testing done and it showed up I was highly allergic. Thanks anyway. Keep the thinking hat on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Jump

Have you had tests done for parasites?

My OH has had similar complaints as you detail in your post. She has been recently diagnoised as having Blastocystis Hominis. Think it would be a good idea to have yourself tested for parasites that hid in the gut.

Hope things improve for u.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Hi Heather - you mentioned you've given up milk - can I ask are you reading the "labels"? I'm dairy free 18 months now and feel so much better since I've gone this way - but whey, milk products are added to so many items that I have to scrutinise packs of everything i.e. bread/frozen goods/sauces - so I tend to make as much of my own food these days. I'm substituting everything with soya milk and make lovely cakes etc. on vegetable oil and soya products. How about eggs - I'm OK on them - but wondering if they affect you? I haven't totally given up wheat/gluten products but have changed all my pasta's to corn pasta (just made of cornflour and water) it's perfectly tasty. But I am trying to cut back on the wheat/gluten. Don't let them tell you you're depressed - well, I suppose you would be with all this upset - there is something causing this allergy within you - and you know your body. You will get to the bottom of this. Have you been checked out to see if you're a Coeliac (sorry not sure how to spell that). And what about your gall bladder have they checked that - a colleague of mine has been really ill recently and thought she had food poisoning (spending half her time on the loo) but her Doc now thinks she has a gall bladder problem. So best of luck and I hope they sort out your problem soon. Stay Postive Heather. J :)

Advertisement