Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First major crush?

• 27-02-2012 12:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭

For some reason I got thinking about this today. My first major crush was an older girl (3 years older) that used to live on my street when I was a kid. Very sexy girl and the epitome of the eighties really (leg warmers and shorts drool!). Whats everyones else earliest crush and did anything ever become of it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Margaret Thatcher.

It was the love that dared not speak its name.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Trigger13222

The first crush I had was an older girl in primary school she , she is now a strewn out heroin addict who has her kids put into care.(but I still would)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

she smashed my nuts! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I was two years old, stepped on a spider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

The first crush I had was an older girl in primary school she , she is now a strewn out heroin addict who has her kids put into care.(but I still would)

She sounds like a keeper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Trigger13222

Gee Bag wrote: »

If only she would have me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Jenny Agutter
    I still fancy her. So it still might happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

steddyeddy wrote: »
    First major crush?

Hillsborough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

stovelid wrote: »
    Margaret Thatcher.

It was the love that dared not speak its name.

Out! Out! Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Orange.....

Naw when i was 11 i played truth or dare for the first time and i kissed this girl, i remember for months after when i went past her house i felt butterflies in my stomach and also the awkwardness of talking to her after. :)

• Advertisement

I was 13 and she was 16. So I didn't do anything about it for a long time. Eventually when I was 20 I asked her out but she had a boyfriend. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

John Doe1 wrote: »
    Orange.....

Naw when i was 11 i played truth or dare for the first time and i kissed this girl, i remember for months after when i went past her house i felt butterflies in my stomach and also the awkwardness of talking to her after. :)

Yea I hated that I can usually talk for ireland but when It came to crushes the most I could manage was "Its a nice day".

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

He was 2 years ahead of me in Secondary School.

i learned his timetable off my heart so that I would 'randomly' bump in to him outside his classes.

His classmates heard and locked me in to the school courtyard..and began chanting his name.

Funnily enough we never did get together. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭aquaman

french exchange student... she was older and darn sexi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭alandublin33

my hand in a vice in woodwork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Buffy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

I've experienced unrequited love many times when I was younger but I could not act on it at that time for fear of being ostracised by my immature peers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Spoonman75

I was in 6th class and there was this one girl in my class (the first one, ever) who I liked. I snuck an anonymous (I think) Valentines card into her school bag. This was in 1988.

Fast forward to 2009 and I'm walking to the canteen at work and who is waiting inline?

I ran, mortified, to the nearest empty chair. I looked up just as she was going out where she paused and smiled.

I'm going red as I type this!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Spoonman75 wrote: »
    I was in 6th class and there was this one girl in my class (the first one, ever) who I liked. I snuck an anonymous (I think) Valentines card into her school bag. This was in 1988.

Fast forward to 2009 and I'm walking to the canteen at work and who is waiting inline?

I ran, mortified, to the nearest empty chair. I looked up just as she was going out where she paused and smiled.

I'm going red as I type this!:o

Would ya not have said hello man?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

Olivia Newton John!

Oh Sandeee !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭EddyC15

Jessica Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Curly Watts

Emma Bunton :o

Still definitely would :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Spoonman75

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Would ya not have said hello man?

I should have. I know. Embarassment knows no bounds.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭skyflyer

My first was a lovely girl who lived on my grandmother's road. We were good friends for years as kids, but I never really told her how I felt about her. We eventually grew apart and I didn't see her again for years until about 2 or 3 years ago when she came to my till in a shop I was working in. She was with a group of friends so it only made it even more of awkward conversation in which I went bright red. It was nice to see her again but after that I went to the bathroom and banged my head on the wall cringing at what had just happened. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I've experienced unfrequented love
    Amen, brother. Unrequited is just as bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

A girl who lived in the estate beside mine. We went to play school together. She was the first girl I kissed. I was about 3 or 4 and was completely head o'er heels in love. I used to go to her house and we'd sneak kisses in the shed with the sun shining outside or at play school we went under the little plastic house play set thingy with a slide! and we'd kiss. She had lovely sometimes hazel sometimes brown eyes. *sigh* She even had a lovely name.

I was a hopeless romantic (still am), and used to get her gifts or make her gifts and tell her she looked pretty.

Young love, :) it's such a beautiful thing. But alas, she went to a different primary school and I moved house.:(

I still think about her. Some aspects of her disposition were really quite beautiful.

Amor est brevis, est vita longa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

April O'Neill.

I'm serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Gabriela Sabitini - Argentinian tennis player. Watching tennis as a young kid def gave me a love of tanned legs and short skirts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Sindri wrote: »
    A girl who lived in the estate beside mine. We went to play school together. She was the first girl I kissed. I was about 3 or 4 and was completely head o'er heels in love. I used to go to her house

I still think about her. Some aspects of her disposition were really quite beautiful.

Amor est brevis, est vita longa.

<pedobear seal of approval>

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭treborflynn

Let me be the first to say

YORE MA!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

I was six, he was my teacher, red hair, just lovely Mr Cooper was his name. I was so upset when he moved to the private primary school down the road :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

A girl in my class in primary school. For almost three years she disagreed with my plan for us to grow up, get married and have a family, then she started thawing around our Communion. Unfortunately, we moved away that summer and I never saw her again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Hackysack wrote: »
    April O'Neill.

I'm serious.

I seriously hope your not..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Winnie Cooper :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Gee Bag wrote: »

i bet she doesn't horde stuff.... its usually pawned off for another fix ;) your house will never be cluttered with her around.... not clean either but not cluttered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Kelly from Saved By The Bell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

Showing my age here but, and I am embarassed to say this, Trampus from the Virginian aka Doug McClure!!! He was my first ginger, I love 'em!!! I was about 5!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Dub Ste

Olivia Newton John.

When she wore that skin tight black outfit at the end of Grease,I nearly passed out.

I was only 10/11 when that came out,and she made me do my first sex wee !!!!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i think it would have to be Linda Carter aka Wonder Woman

cum to think of it she may have been my first celebrity ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

While I've had celebrity crushes, they've never really developed more than lustful thoughts and looking at pictures of them. I think proper crushes are the people who you know in real life and see them everyday.

My first one was when I was 7 and there was a girl in my primary school called Claire. I used to go home and cry in my bedroom because I was too shy to ask her out :D. Funny looking at her 15 years later though because she's turned into a right rotter!

Then I had my first big teenage crush on a girl at 16. We were on more or less going out territory, we went to the prom together, saw each other loads. I bottled making my move on her a couple of times then she got off with someone else at a party which devastated me at the time. To this day I never know whether she was interested in me and I just didn't make my move in time or she just saw us as good friends I'll never know. That was my first big lesson in love anyway.

Then 5 years later I've never really had a crush since. Few girls I've fancied but nothing that major. Although after meeting this girl a few days ago I haven't been able to get her out of my head, big mood swings in my head from joy to despair thinking about her, butterflies in my stomach etc. Hopefully I will have learnt my lesson from my last crush and just go for it :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

While I've had celebrity crushes, they've never really developed more than lustful thoughts and looking at pictures of them. I think proper crushes are the people who you know in real life and see them everyday.

My first one was when I was 7 and there was a girl in my primary school called Claire. I used to go home and cry in my bedroom because I was too shy to ask her out :D. Funny looking at her 15 years later though because she's turned into a right rotter!

Then I had my first big teenage crush on a girl at 16. We were on more or less going out territory, we went to the prom together, saw each other loads. I bottled making my move on her a couple of times then she got off with someone else at a party which devastated me at the time. To this day I never know whether she was interested in me and I just didn't make my move in time or she just saw us as good friends I'll never know. That was my first big lesson in love anyway.

Then 5 years later I've never really had a crush since. Few girls I've fancied but nothing that major. Although after meeting this girl a few days ago I haven't been able to get her out of my head, big mood swings in my head from joy to despair thinking about her, butterflies in my stomach etc. Hopefully I will have learnt my lesson from my last crush and just go for it :cool:

You should strangle her and then make love to her corpse.

Chicks dig that shit.:cool:;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

His classmates heard and locked me in to the school courtyard..and began chanting his name.

Heard what? Your thought process?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

they say lightening doesnt strike twice, well they are wrong. she caught me sniffing her leotards backstage at gladiators in 1995 and slapped me around the head a couple of times
    she was my one of my earliest crushes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Catherine Zeta Jones in the darling buds of may

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Melanie & Martina, the twins from Fun House on ITV.

Even pat sharp's scary mullet couldnt keep me away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

retalivity wrote: »
    Melanie & Martina, the twins from Fun House on ITV.

Even pat sharp's scary mullet couldnt keep me away

They are savage!

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/we-love-telly/css/Pat%20Sharp%20Xbox%20Live%2002.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

the beast from beauty and the beast.

now, i'm not into beastiality or anything, but he was all kinds of sexy to be fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

A girl who is still mega hot to this day. Oh she'd get it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement