Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good laptop repair service company

Options
  • 27-02-2012 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a good place to get my laptop looked at. I think all I need is the fan cleaned because when I turn the lappy on the fan makes a funny noise (well sounds like the fan) and when I hoover the vents its ok for a few days. I don't wanna be ripped off on price either.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭qc3

peewee_44 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a good place to get my laptop looked at. I think all I need is the fan cleaned because when I turn the lappy on the fan makes a funny noise (well sounds like the fan) and when I hoover the vents its ok for a few days. I don't wanna be ripped off on price either.

Thanks in advance.

PC Repair on the Ecco road, beside fitzpatricks electrics.
    The don't charge for looking at the laptop and give you a quote for fixing if worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Thanks in advance.

What kind of laptop is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭MariMel

My fan was making the same noises getting very loud at times and my laptop was cutting out after a few minutes from overheating.
    Got someone I know who fixes laptops/pcs for a living to take a took at it.
    Turned out for me it was a screw loose and i didnt need it replaced.
    He lives in Dundalk and works in IT in Drogheda. I can pm you his number if you would like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

E:volve on the Ramparts sorted a similar prob for me. Installed a new heat sink too which sorted an overheating/cutting out prob. About €75, if memory serves.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

Thanks everyone sorry not been logged in for a few days I will try that place on the ecco road esp if they tell you how much before hand.

Its a toshiba satalite laptop I had to get a cooling tray to well keep it col as it was over heating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

Thanks everyone sorry not been logged in for a few days I will try that place on the ecco road esp if they tell you how much before hand.

Its a toshiba satalite laptop I had to get a cooling tray to well keep it col as it was over heating.

PC repair centre are gone from Ecco road and are now at
    http://www.pcrepaircentre.com/

Advertisement